My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR-1100S No Signal

(3 posts)
  1. jshovelt

jshovelt

Hi,
    We've had our Humax HDR-1100S box for a few years and used it with our Sky dish, it has worked OK, but we haven't used it much to be honest. Recently the signal has been weak on some channels and non-existent on others. We thought we may need to re-align the dish so bought a signal meter and realigned. From then on we've had no signal at all.

We bought a new LNB and fitted that, but still no signal.
    LNB Details from the box:-
    Labgear Universal QUAD LNB - Ku Band. Compatible with SkyHD+, FreeSatHD+, European broadcasts in Ku band. Low noise Typ. < 1.0dB.
    25MHz PLL Circuit for rock-solid frequency stability.

I friend suggested the box might be set to the wrong LNB frequency for the new LNB, but we can't find any settings for the LNB frequency on the Humax menu.

I have now tried doing a hard-reset on the Humax box. It still can't find any signal and has not asked me for postcode etc. (I'm in South London, SM5 4HP.)

I am attaching photos of the screens, the LNB box, the Humax sticker, in case relevant.

Any ideas what I should try next?

Thank you very much for any help you may be able to give.

Attachments

1. SoftwareUpdate.jpg (60 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    2. SignalTest.jpg (51 KB, 1 downloads) 2 years old
    3. LNB.jpg (48.6 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    4. HumaxSticker.jpg (42.4 KB, 0 downloads) 2 years old
    | Fri 14 May 2021 9:39:02 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

After the hard-reset the HDR-1100S is only looking for a single frequency, that of the freesat home transponder.

There can be a few reasons why it cannot find it,
    1. The LNB connection must make a good electrical connection to power the LNB, the inner core must not touch the outer braid/foil at both ends. The disk end should also be waterproof (silicone grease is often used for this).
    2. The Skew (twist of the disk is wrong) see dishpointer.com and enter your address and select 28.2E
    3. Dish alignment os out.

I think it probable that your old LNB was in the process of failing (not uncommon) however there are other reasons why some channels can loose signal.

Suggest you check out 1 and 2 first.

| Fri 14 May 2021 9:53:32 #2 |
  3. jshovelt

jshovelt

Thanks, I will do that.

| Fri 14 May 2021 18:43:27 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.