My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR 1100S - Noisy Hard drive

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AshG

Hi. I have the HDR 1100s in my bedroom and the hard drive is very noisy throughout the night keeping me a awake when it kicks in every 5 minutes or so.
    I have even bought and fixed to the bottom feet of it some soft foam cushion pads that i read about. I have even sat the HRD on my Canton soundbar which is very sturdy, but all of this has still not worked.

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 10:00:33 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AshG - 26 mins ago  » 
    Hi. I have the HDR 1100s in my bedroom and the hard drive is very noisy throughout the night keeping me a awake when it kicks in every 5 minutes or so.
    I have even bought and fixed to the bottom feet of it some soft foam cushion pads that i read about. I have even sat the HRD on my Canton soundbar which is very sturdy, but all of this has still not worked.

Unpair the remote scheduling app.

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 10:27:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AshG

Thank you Graham. Will this stop all recordings and how do i un-pair the remote scheduling app.

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 10:43:18 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It will not affect recordings you have set locally. The box wakes up every 20 mins to contact the Humax remote scheduling server to check if you have made any changes and download these to the box.

I have never paired the scheduling app but have used it as a remote control.

That means the option to unpair is not in my box setting so no way to find it.

Either look through the box settings menu or hopefully someone who has paired and then unpaired will post.

Check the faqs for your box.

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 11:04:59 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You might want to consider fitting a time switch to turn off the unit power during the night when you do not want to make recordings. When the power is restored the box will boot for a short period to restart the clock.

This will not stop the constant boots during the period the box is powered.

Only unpairing will stop this.

Perhaps a phone call to Humax support would help.

Phone number here

https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/remote-record/

| Thu 11 Jun 2020 11:11:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AshG

Thank you so much Graham, this is very useful. I already have a wifi plug on it that takes the power out but it is still not the best solution. I will give Humax a call. Thank you, all the best.

| Fri 12 Jun 2020 10:53:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.