My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR1010S - 1TB - Won't record

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BC

Had this unit for about 5 years. Everything appears to work fine, apart from being able to record.

If you try and set a recording through the menu system, it sets it no problem. Check later and there is no recording, all other recordings have disappeared as well. System settings under storage talks about inserting a USB stick (don't have one), should it show the HDD there? Because if it should, it's not showing up.

You can hear the HDD spin up when the set is on as well as in standby from time to time (sounds just like this laptop I'm using at the moment when you wake it up from sleep mode). Could it be a HDD error? Can I just buy another HDD and chuck it in?

Any ideas gratefully received.

| Wed 13 Nov 2019 17:30:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you pause live TV ? Guessing you have the missing HDD fault (lots of threads on this).

| Wed 13 Nov 2019 18:27:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BC

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Can you pause live TV ? Guessing you have the missing HDD fault (lots of threads on this).

Hi Graham, no, it won't let me pause it. Gives a message saying "The function does not work while retrieving data for time shift buffer. Try again in a few seconds". And it doesn't work in a few seconds or minutes. Is there a fix for this by any chance? TIA

| Wed 13 Nov 2019 20:09:29 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BC - 13 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Hi Graham, no, it won't let me pause it. Gives a message saying "The function does not work while retrieving data for time shift buffer. Try again in a few seconds". And it doesn't work in a few seconds or minutes. Is there a fix for this by any chance? TIA

Humax used to have a repair service but is now finished,

One possibility

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs/

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 10:01:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BC

Thanks Graham.

One last question if I may, what is the current model that would replace my old one above? I suspect 500Gb worth of HDD would be good enough for me, any other options I should consider?

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 15:46:00 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BC - 19 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Graham.
    One last question if I may, what is the current model that would replace my old one above? I suspect 500Gb worth of HDD would be good enough for me, any other options I should consider?

Till the 3rd generation box promised from Arris surfaces, the only new G2 box is the Humax HDR-1100S. It's rumoured that Humax have ceased production.

| Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:38:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A_ni

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem. I have replaced the hard drive and that didn't work. I have read on other posts that it could be due to a faulty resistor.

Does anyone know which resistor causes the faulty as I'm hoping to try and fix it myself. Thanks

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 20:31:25 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A_ni - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi all,
    I'm having the same problem. I have replaced the hard drive and that didn't work. I have read on other posts that it could be due to a faulty resistor.
    Does anyone know which resistor causes the faulty as I'm hoping to try and fix it myself. Thanks

No the information we have from Humax support is not consitsent.

One responce from Humax support mentions a resistor. Others suggest a capacitor.

Bearing in mind this is maybe be either.

Either suggests a major design flaw or or more likely a component installed by Humax not to the spec required.

One thing is certain. As Humax was able to repair the original units without any loss of recordings they must know the problem (which seems certain to be hardware issues), My HDR-1009S from the original launch now has a 2TB drive and continues to work 100%,

In either case the fact that Humax originally offered a repair for those affected a free repair for those affected within the 2yr warranty and early posters had their boxes repaired, with all recordings intact, must suggest that the problem was well known to Humax, and that they have simply abandoned those that bought the later boxes with the issue.

Add this to the fact that that a commercial provider apparently has a fix, that Humax did not reveal the fix to us all. Simply to most would suggest a scandalous cover up that Humax should have covered the costs, by concealing the facts and selling the actual issue to a 3rd party repairer for a unknown sum.

Anyone else - fancy a complaint to OFCOM for further invesigation.

| Sun 17 Nov 2019 23:19:54 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.