My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax HDR1800T/2000T

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tulip

I am 74 years old trying to help a neighbour of the same age. She has a Toshiba tv and Humax HDR 1800T/2000T. The freeview box is stuck on standby and no matter what I do it will not budge. The tv is showing all the freeview programmes but we cant get the box going to record or view channels on the tv. Help please as at the moment it is the blind leading the blind so to speak
    Thank you
    Ann

| Sat 17 Apr 2021 14:07:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tulip - 47 mins ago  » 
    I am 74 years old trying to help a neighbour of the same age. She has a Toshiba tv and Humax HDR 1800T/2000T.

Does anything light up on the remote when you press a button?

| Sat 17 Apr 2021 14:55:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tulip

Hello Martin
    If I remember rightly I think one of the buttons lights up when I hold it. The button that you try to turn it on with.
    My neighbour said the batteries are only a couple of days old. I assumed that if the box wasnt on you would not get the programmes on the tele but what do I know
    Regards
    Ann

| Sat 17 Apr 2021 17:21:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tulip - 3 hours ago  » 
    If I remember rightly I think one of the buttons lights up when I hold it. The button that you try to turn it on with.

I think it will either be the TV or the PVR light that turns on; if it is the TV light then press the PVR button. If that isn't the problem then try resetting the remote by removing the batteries and holding down the 0 button for 10 seconds; then put the batteries back and see if it works. If that doesn't work then turn off the mains power to the Humax; wait for a minute and then turn the power on and see if you see anything on the TV as it boots; if it does boot it will put in itself back into standby so press the standby button on the remote.

My neighbour said the batteries are only a couple of days old.

OK that is good.

I assumed that if the box wasnt on you would not get the programmes on the tele but what do I know

If the setting "Power saving in standby" is off then the Humax will pass through the TV signal whether it is active or in standby.

| Sat 17 Apr 2021 21:19:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tulip

Thank you. I will give it a go tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for helping.
    Regards
    Ann

| Sun 18 Apr 2021 12:55:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tulip

Hello Martin,
    I am afraid that nothing worked. My friends is going to phone Humax tomorrow to see what they can do. If nothing it is going out the window
    Regards Ann

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 17:48:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tulip - 5 hours ago  » 
    I am afraid that nothing worked. My friends is going to phone Humax tomorrow to see what they can do.

Final thought, have you tried using the power button on the Humax itself (front panel on the left on a 2000T, not sure about 1800T).

| Mon 19 Apr 2021 23:22:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tulip

Yes I had tried that. My neighbour phoned Humax and they were able to talk her through what to do. It took a while as at our age things take a while to sink in. All ok now.
    Thank you for taking the time to help
    Regards
    Ann

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 13:18:39 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tulip - 4 hours ago  » 
    My neighbour phoned Humax and they were able to talk her through what to do. It took a while as at our age things take a while to sink in. All ok now.

Good; for future reference what was the problem and solution please?

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 17:48:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

tulip - 4 hours ago  » 
    My neighbour phoned Humax and they were able to talk her through what to do. It took a while as at our age things take a while to sink in. All ok now.

Good; for future reference what was the problem and solution please?

My guess is that the TV wasnt on the right input.

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 19:42:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.