My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

humax media share capacity

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

Does anyone have any info of the maximum number of songs that can be reliably handled?
    I have just set up an NAS and got all my music collections together. Windows media player works fine on XP, vista and 7. Android works fine.
    Humax Media Share shows the Album list and the Folders list but draws a blank on All Music and Artist lists.
    Even on the lists that do work navigation is non existant so I'm thinking media share has not really been thought through properly on this box.

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 12:15:49 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Are the music files .mp3 files?

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 12:49:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

a mixrure of mp3 amd wav

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 13:54:17 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 30 minutes ago  » 
    a mixrure of mp3 amd wav

Only MP3 audio is supported for music. You can persuade the box to play ac3 (2.0 and 5.1) by creating a H264/AVC (.ts container) or Mp4 file with a still image as the video track.

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 14:27:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

that makes it even worse if only half my music files are mp3 then that's an even smaller number of files that it cant cope with

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 14:45:47 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Here is what a DLNA client should support See DLNA Media and Transport model

"A DMS or M-DMS device may stream content in its native format if the receiving device supports such native format. Otherwise, that DMS or M-DMS device should transcode the native format to one of the applicable required formats or to a format understood by the rendering device."

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 15:08:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

We're getting away from the topic here. The thing I want to know, if possible, is how many files would it be reasonable to expect the Humax Media Share to handle.
    I have about 50GB of music files which is quite a collection but not extreme, I wouln't have thought, given the size of NAS devices available these days.
    I bought this nas devise (Zyxel NSA310) for the exprexx purpose of playing music through the HUmax. It didn;t even occur to me that might be a limit to the number of files the machine could cope with.
    I think it must be a numerical limit rather than a size limit because it can list the folders and albums but not the tracks or artists.

| Sun 9 Jun 2013 23:45:02 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It would be the number of files, possibly the number in a folder.
    The DLNA client compiles a list which I presume is in RAM.

| Mon 10 Jun 2013 7:50:57 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I don't know where the limit falls but I have 524GB of music files, made up of MP3 and FLAC. My 1000S freezes and reboots when I try to open the Twonky music folder. Of the several client devices I have this is the only one that does that. A media player for less than £100 works perfectly. The 1000S client may be DLNA compliant, but also pretty useless.

| Mon 10 Jun 2013 9:52:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

For video around 930 broke the Humax. Even with less than that it wouldn't always fully populate the list.
    I think audio was similar but never really used it.
    DLNA is seriously broke on the 1000s.

| Tue 11 Jun 2013 13:38:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.