My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax My Media - How and where?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alexg

Recently purchased the HDR1000S which is connected to my TV and receiver and on the network with internet access.

Humax My Media is one of the listed features of the HDR 1000S: "Humax My Media allows sharing of media files through the home network or from memory sticks"

I can't find any information about how to use Humax My Media and can't locate it on the box itself.

Specifically, I'm interested in the "from memory sticks" part, but would like to have the knowledge of how to setup file sharing over the network.

So far I can't find any information about this and can't find anywhere on the box itself. I have added a memory stick with media on it which is recognised by the Humax box, however the only option I've got is to format it, presumably for added HD storage for recordings.

Does anyone else use the functionality of "Humax My Media" ?

Thanks in advance.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 12:30:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Open the home menu and select humax. Playback of USB content and media streaming is available from here. To access content on your network you need some sort of dnla server software like Twonky Media.

Welcme to the forum.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 16:15:56 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

alexg - was the memory stick formated as EXT3?

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 16:49:58 #3 |
  4. Freetime

Freetime

Just downloaded Twonky. Works a treat for .Mkv files. Happy days

| Fri 9 Nov 2012 16:46:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

danessx

I've currently got an earlier Foxsat HDR and am looking to upgrade to the 1000s . I would be really interested to know if the 1000s supports playing back video files in mp4 and mkv format from a USB hdd formatted with ntfs? Anyone tried this?

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:35:11 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

danessx - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I've currently got an earlier Foxsat HDR and am looking to upgrade to the 1000s . I would be really interested to know if the 1000s supports playing back video files in mp4 and mkv format from a USB hdd formatted with ntfs? Anyone tried this?

Yes to both but only tried a limited number of files.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 16:52:56 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.