My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax PVR 9150t

(20 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

The Manual Search targets just the transmitter you select, the Automatic Search picks up any signal that is strong enough. Unless signal conditions have changed during the day those ten channels must have been received from another transmitter. Check with people around you with aerials pointing in the same direction to see if they have lost reception, if they are ok then as FenderBender says, check your own installation.

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 18:22:42 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

brucier

Hi FenderBender - It'll be Meridian. For our region and post code, our transmitter is Heathfield. Not sure what to do now

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 18:25:38 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

brucier

OK everyone - I'll see what I can do, if all else fails we may get the old sky box down and use the freeview on that. Thanks everyone.

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 18:32:26 #13 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I just replaced an aerial pole for someone receiving from Heathfield up near the M25 services and there was no problem with retuning any channels afterwards (Amplified Hi-gain wide band aerial)
    BBCA Mux is now at it's fullest power (20kW) but the remainder are on 2kW or less since the increase from 1kW in April until DSO stage 2 on 13th of this month. Note SDN doesn't go to 20kW until 27th June when it switches to 8k mode.

You can ignore CH 47 as it's the HD Mux and the 9150t won't receive it. strike that it's HD after 13th June

To be sure you are receiving from Heathfield put your postcode and house number/name into the digital-UK site (link) and click the 'I am in the trade' box. The top of the page gives the compass bearings to the most likely transmitters. You can then check which direction the aerial is pointing. North is 0degrees E is 90 etc.

Note - if your aerial is vertical you are on a repeater not the main transmitter (TX). That will still say the parent TX's name on the Humax.

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 18:41:29 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

brucier

Hi Mod....thanks for this - it saysthat we are receiving from Midhurst with no retune required.

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 18:47:49 #15 |
  6. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Midhurst switched sometime before Heathfield. What area are you in and which direction is the aerial pointing and is it horizontal or vertical?

Midhurst channels are 50, 55, 58, 59, 61, 62
    It is not due for a retune until October to free up the 61 and 62 channels for proposed LTE high speed mobile data frequencies.

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 18:51:57 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

brucier

Hi Mod,
    We live in a village and share one main transmitter so don't know which way it is pointing. the Freeview froze about lunchtime today with a note on screen saying bad or poor quality signal. Tried to re-tune again but didn't work. Have checked with Mgmt Coy and there is no probs reported. Our PC is ------ I've just done a manual search and none of those channels can be found.

mod edit: Postcode removed

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 19:01:18 #17 |
  8. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Sorry, but are you saying you are on a communal aerial?

Do you still get Analogue channels?, if not what date did you stop getting them? If you do what channel number is BBC1 on?
    try manually tuning these in turn:
    BBCA Mux channels
    Heathfield 52 (nearest @ 26km) 20kW
    Midhurst 55 (40km) 20kW
    Crystal Palace 23 (52km) 200kW unlikely as London region
    Rowridge (incl VP) 24 (92km) 200kW
    Haywards Heath 45 Edit: this is only 3 miles or so from you but low power (7W) and Freeview lite

| Fri 1 Jun 2012 19:29:00 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

brucier

Hi Mod.....the site went off air last night.
    I have tried looking at this today and have retuned the box. It's now picking up BBC etc but they are all bad or poor signal. BBC 1 is now showing as 801 BBC2 802 etc, when in fact they were a lot lower before they went off air. I've also checked with neighbour up the raod and the have 3 boxes - one in lounge which has been retuned and she can get BBC1/2 etc but not ITV. In her conservatory she can get the ITV channels but not the BBC ones.
    All postcode checks point to Midhurst Transmitter.

| Sat 2 Jun 2012 12:49:45 #19 |
  10. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Sorry for the delay in replying. Not been on the forum for a few days.

Having channels in the 800+ range normally indicates you have channels from more than one transmitter tuned. That may mean you are picking up signals from a repeater as well.

Can you clarify the following

brucier - 5 days ago  » 
    Hi Mod,
    We live in a village and share one main transmitter so don't know which way it is pointing.

Is this some kind of distribution system or a communal aerial?

Have you tried manually tuning the channels in my previous post? You would need to delete all channels first then try each in turn, deleting again if the signal is bad.

is your neighbour on the same aerial system or a roof aerial?

| Thu 7 Jun 2012 14:23:23 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.