My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax PVR 9300T wont boot

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rich13

Hi

Ive been reading on the forum regarding my problem but ide like to make sure what im doing is correct.
    I bought the device knowing that it wont boot. It just displays the model id on the front when plugged in.
    Can I just reflash the device, and this will fix the problem?, or is there more to this than I expected?.

Ive a USB RS232 adaptor so I can only assume this is ok.

when connected to the RS232 port, will it recognise that this is connected or is there special software for the firmware upgrade?

I would appreciate any help please.

Rich

| Sun 18 May 2014 18:00:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rich13 - 18 minutes ago  » 
    I bought the device knowing that it wont boot. It just displays the model id on the front when plugged in.

Try opening the box and disconnecting the hard drive. If it boots properly with no hard drive then wiping the drive in a PC and allowing the 9300 to reformat it will probably fix the problem.

Can I just reflash the device, and this will fix the problem?, or is there more to this than I expected?.

Reflashing the firmware is unlikely to help; what makes you think it will?

Ive a USB RS232 adaptor so I can only assume this is ok.
    when connected to the RS232 port, will it recognise that this is connected or is there special software for the firmware upgrade?

See Link to flash9200 for a description of the process and the required software.

| Sun 18 May 2014 18:23:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rich13

Martin

Thank you for the help.
    The reason of reflashing was that I thought it may corrupted.
    Ill do as you suggested ,removing the HD.

Thanks again

Rich

| Mon 19 May 2014 15:25:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rich13

Hi Martin

Did as suggested, but it still remained on the Model id on the led screen.

Ill reflash 'in case' it is corrupted, a long shot, but ive nothing to lose.

| Mon 19 May 2014 15:40:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rich13

All sorted, the hard drive was faulty, only had an 80gig to hand and it went straight in after format

Thanks for the help Martin

| Mon 19 May 2014 17:08:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karnataka

I have a similar problem with a 9300T so came on this forum and found this thread which I thought was going to solve my problem as the symptoms were identical.

As recommended, I disconnected the hard drive and switched on again but it still won't boot and just displays PVR-9300T on the display. Is there anything else I can try now that Plan A has not worked for me?

| Thu 24 Oct 2019 20:22:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Karnataka - 14 hours ago  » 
    As recommended, I disconnected the hard drive and switched on again but it still won't boot and just displays PVR-9300T on the display. Is there anything else I can try now that Plan A has not worked for me?

I have a vague notion that there was a system flush file for the 9300T which would be the only other thing to try. Anybody have a copy?

| Fri 25 Oct 2019 10:53:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Karnataka

I have a vague notion that there was a system flush file for the 9300T which would be the only other thing to try. Anybody have a copy?

Thanks for the quick response, Martin. If I can get the system flush file, how would I use it? I'm generally ok with tech stuff but sometimes need pointing in the right direction first!

The annoying thing is, we have 4 x PVR-9300Ts, one for each room in our house that has a TV. 2 of them were new in about 2012 I think and have never given any trouble, 1 is about 4 years old and is also trouble free but the one that won't boot was bought unused complete with all original packing and bundled items less than a year ago so I'm loathe to replace it. It even still had the clear film on the display screen.

| Fri 25 Oct 2019 11:42:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Karnataka - 10 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the quick response, Martin. If I can get the system flush file, how would I use it?

You load it in the same way as a software update via the serial port see https://tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html

but the one that won't boot was bought unused complete with all original packing and bundled items less than a year ago

Do you know what software version it was using?

| Fri 25 Oct 2019 22:30:08 #9 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

Martin Liddle - 9 hours ago  » 
    Do you know what software version it was using?

Would an 'early' version stop it booting then?

| Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:46:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.