My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax PVR, new owner dilema...

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick the Spud

Hi all

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Hitachi HDR080 which i've loved for 5 years, to a Humax 9150 or 9300.

I've had a play with my mates 9300 which has got some good features over mine, but the biggest/most frustrating thing about it is the commercial skip feature, which although is a great feature, the tiny buttons are hidden under the slidey cover. My Hitachi uses the Channel +/- buttons which is very accessable and easy to get to, which is good as i use them all the time for skipping adverts and replaying bits of programs. Is there an alternative button/procedure for doing the same thing?

The remote control for the Humax Foxsat has extra buttons near the FF/RW buttons that do this function, do these remotes work on the PVR machines?

many thanks

Rick

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 21:32:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Rick the Spud - 24 minutes ago  » 
    I've had a play with my mates 9300 which has got some good features over mine, but the biggest/most frustrating thing about it is the commercial skip feature, which although is a great feature, the tiny buttons are hidden under the slidey cover.

The 'slidey cover' is removable without force.
    Slide it down 2/3.
    Then place one hand's fingers in to the caverty underneath and apply pressure outwards. The barrier can then be pulled off intact.

Removing the barrier also provides easy access to other every day functunality.

An alternative remote control is the 'classic' IRC83136.
    I find the classic better but unlike other 'classic' replacements I have tried the IRC83136 is not better by leaps and bounds.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 22:06:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Rick the Spud - 58 minutes ago  » 
    The remote control for the Humax Foxsat has extra buttons near the FF/RW buttons that do this function, do these remotes work on the PVR machines?

No.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 22:31:57 #3 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

I think Humax missed a trick with the new 'multi-function' remote. They've could have embedded controlling the 9150/9200/9300T PVR under the DVD device - do Humax make DVD players?

But a Harmony remote would easily, cheaply and ergonomically replace any remote. Have a read of my blog post: http://myhumax.org/blog/?p=336

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 22:51:05 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.