My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax PVR9150t - recording over programmes

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithn

Hello. I have a PVR9150t. This Wednesday we had the first stage of our digitial switchover so I did a Manual Upgrade using the Bluebell Transmitter. No problems - all channels are there.

Yesterday I set the timer to record two programmes from ESPN (to which I subscribe with a card inserted into the box) and another from ITV4 at the same time. However I later discovered each recording had overwritten previous recorded programmes - seemingly chosen at random - so that the previous programme was listed twice but when you played either option it was the new recording. Equally deleting one deleted both. Hence the older recording is lost.

I've deleted all the duplicates, but then when recording a BBC1 programme, discovered the same thing happened. It picked a film recorded a few weeks ago and replaced it with the new recording.

There is plenty of memory on the disk - about 40%.

On top of that when recording two programmes at once, the box decided to switch off and on again.

I am hoping the second stage of the switchover (due 27 June) will solve these problems but in the meantime, does anyone have advice as to how I can record something without wiping something else? Many thanks.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 8:36:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

keithn - 1 hour ago  » 
    However I later discovered each recording had overwritten previous recorded programmes - seemingly chosen at random - so that the previous programme was listed twice but when you played either option it was the new recording. Equally deleting one deleted both. Hence the older recording is lost.

Your file system has become corrupted (a common problem) and I think it is coincidence that it has coincided with DSO. The easiest fix is to format the drive which unfortunately will delete all the recordings.

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 10:28:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithn

Many thanks. I thought that as the problem started yesterday, just half a day after I did the manual update, that the two issues must be connected.

OK, if has to be formatted, then so be it. I've never had to do that in three years of ownership. Good job they repeat programmes a lot on the telly.

Thanks again

| Fri 15 Jun 2012 12:52:09 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.