My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax pvr9300T

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paulmac

Yesterday my Humax asked for me to update the channels. Since then the channels are in a different order to the channels on my Sony Bravia. Also it is showing the west region for BBC and itv as 1,2&3 whereas before it was BBC Wales 1,2&3. At the top the same as my Sony Bravia.
    Why is this? I have switched off at mains and then when switched back on tried to install the channels Asian but same issue.
    Anyone know what I can do? Thanks

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 10:56:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I can't remember the exact way the HDR-9300T retunes but one thing I do remember is what it puts in which channels is dependant on the sequence of those channels when sorted by the frequencies that the channels are broadcast on. The changes that that are being rolled out for 700MHZ clearance is changing some f the frequencies used and this means changing the sequence can be a side effect for some locations. This means that the order which it stores channels can be impacted, and in your situation that is likely what has happened.

To have control of what gets stored where you will need to learn how to manual tune in a certain way.

See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097
    There are a few reason for manual tuning using this method and so don't be put off if that threads issues are not exactly the same as yours, the manual retune process to use is still the same.

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 11:28:44 #2 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

Sounds a bit like a simple case of it tuning to the 'wrong' transmitter that a manual tune to your required transmitter will sort out.

I'd hazard a wild guess at the Welsh transmitter is Wenvoe and the West transmitter Mendip and your TV is tuned to Wenvoe (Wales) and your 9300 has auto tuned Mendip (West country). (Or something pretty similar)

The order of the channels are nothing to do with either the frequency of transmission or the order in which they are detected. The 'channel number', more correctly named Logical Channel Number or LCN is set by the broadcaster and transmitted as part of the signal. Luke seems to be describing what happens on a non Freesat free to air sat box. Freesat also allocate LCNs, but generally do not allow TV/boxes to change the order.

Some TVs enable you to change the programme order (swap LCNs) within the EPG, but they will always default to the Freeview order on a retune.

PS. A mains off/on won't sort it, but a manual retune will.

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 13:17:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paulmac

Hi all

Many thanks to everyone for their help. As part of Luke's reply there was a very detailed note from Biggles on how to retune manually.
    All sorted now and my Humax is now on Wenvoe as is my Sony tv. I didn't say in my original that when my Humax changed so did my tv but I managed to sort the Sony out.

Thanks everyone

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 15:10:34 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

I guess my wild guess was right then?

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 15:46:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paulmac

Yes it was. I knew it was to do with the mast sites but having tried everything it kept coming back t the same thing. It was only when the note from Biggles said about getting the feprequenecy of the mast and then manually loading using the different frequencies that it worked. Will keep the wife happy. Paul

| Sun 21 Jul 2019 15:54:27 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.