My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax remote control

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueflenn

I have just replaced my remote with a genuine Humax remote. Took it out the wrapper and expected it to work but None of the buttons respond to the box. When a button is pressed the SBT lights up. Batteries replaced. Rebooted the box. Pressed zero and OK for 30 secs. You name it, I've tried it. Does it need to be paired?

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 15:49:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Blueflenn - 4 hours ago  » 
    I have just replaced my remote with a genuine Humax remote. Took it out the wrapper and expected it to work but None of the buttons respond to the box. When a button is pressed the SBT lights up. Batteries replaced. Rebooted the box. Pressed zero and OK for 30 secs. You name it, I've tried it. Does it need to be paired?

Did you change the box infra red mode from other than 1 previously to avoid a conflict with other boxes ?

If so what number did you use. ?

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 20:18:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueflenn

Thanks Graham,
    No I didn't.
    I apologise for my ignorance but how does one change the infra red mode on the box?

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 21:42:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MentalLentil

Blueflenn - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Graham,
    No I didn't.
    I apologise for my ignorance but how does one change the infra red mode on the box?

There are instructions here. It's been a long time since I did this (my Humax kit has been very reliable) but that looks familiar.

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:30:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MentalLentil

There is also some suggestions here, I can't verify any of this.

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:34:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Blueflenn - 19 hours ago  » 
    I have just replaced my remote with a genuine Humax remote.

Which genuine Humax remote did you buy? Humax make a number of different remotes.
    Did it look like https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/8a82c849958d66980e89a7da26647e3d/r/m/rm-i08u.png
    If not how did it vary?

Also what was the remote that you were using up to now?

Blueflenn - 19 hours ago  » 
    When a button is pressed the SBT lights up.

It porobably won't work but try pressing the TV button and then press the STB button so it again lights up when you attempt to use it.
    Does that make a difference?

Blueflenn - 19 hours ago »
    Pressed zero and OK for 30 secs.

Did you get the Mode message displayed on the TV when you did that?
    If not were you pointing the remote at the TV when you tried it?
    Also with the TV's remote had you switched to using the same HDMI as the freeset box is connected to?

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 10:58:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChloeG

I just bought a replacement remote for my HDR-2000T which is not Humax but is a Classic. This was supposed to work out of the box but doesn't. The company I bought from suggested I try changing the modes. I've worked through all 6 but the remote won't do anything. (I was going to now try buying a genuine one but this thread has worried me!)

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 16:39:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

ChloeG - 2 hours ago  » 
    I just bought a replacement remote for my HDR-2000T which is not Humax but is a Classic. This was supposed to work out of the box but doesn't. The company I bought from suggested I try changing the modes. I've worked through all 6 but the remote won't do anything. (I was going to now try buying a genuine one but this thread has worried me!)

The classic is mode 1 only and can not change modes either for itself or an HDR-2000T.

If the HDR-2000T is not already set to mode 1 then you will need to borrow a remote for one of the models mentioned in the following thread and use it to change the HDR-2000T back to mode 1.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote

If that is not possible, and your HDR-2000T is set to something else other than mode 1, then you will need to buy a genuine Humax remote for either the HDR-2000T or the HDR-1800T.

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 18:47:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChloeG

Thanks, Luke. It is definitely set to Mode 1. Luckily my old remote does work so I was able to check. My old remote just works quite intermittently on the Media and Guide button so I got fed up with it and ordered the Classic. I've done everything they suggest with the Classic - unplugging the box etc but all to no avail.

I now have got my original original which stopped working during the first year (Humax replaced it under warranty) and I have taken it apart and I'm going to try cleaning it to see if it will get that one working!

I'm going to try to get my money back on the Classic.

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 19:00:01 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.