My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax says it is recording, but nothing scheduled

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

oh Graham, that's a bit of a challenge for me......
    I'll have to take the cabinet to bits to get at the back of the human box.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 13:18:28 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

canalhopper - 1 hour ago  » 
    oh Graham, that's a bit of a challenge for me......
    I'll have to take the cabinet to bits to get at the back of the human box.

If you can get at the lnb you can swap them there. It's the easiest way to diagnose a cabling/lnb fault. When you check you can receive the full list check the signal strength and quality for each one in diagnostics.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 14:36:31 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Graham, what I think I’ll do is.....I’ll wait and see if it happens again. If it does, I’ll follow up your suggestions.
    Many thanks for all your help.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 14:54:59 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

canalhopper - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Graham, what I think I’ll do is.....I’ll wait and see if it happens again. If it does, I’ll follow up your suggestions.
    Many thanks for all your help.

The test you have done shows that there is something wrong with your box or more likely with the lnb and/or the coax cabling. The problem was odd, it was the lockout of the second tuner that was suspicious.

We have already in effect found this condition.

Sooner or later you are likely to set some schedules that the box will accept but will fail when the box attempts to record them.

Find a programme on 976 and one on 103 that is due to start before the 976 one completes.

Set a one off recording on the 976 programme and a second for the same programme on 973. That will use one tuner leaving the other one free.

Recording two from the same transponder uses only a single tuner.

Now set a watch/reminder on the 103 programme. This will require tuner 2 to be working.

The box should auto switch to 103 to view the content when the programme starts. This failure would indicate a fault with the tuner 2 connection or the lnb itself.

Based on the previous test this will fail, interesting to see what happens.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:14:36 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Thank you, Graham.
    You mention that some recordings might fail. Well this has happened already, several times over the last month or two, so it looks as though I shall have take the bull by the horns and get on with it. I’ll have a go now at what you suggest and report back.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 15:28:08 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Hi Graham. I set 973 and 976 to record.
    I then went to 103 to set a programme which would start before the the other two finished, but it wouldn’t allow me to do it.
    I got the message
    “Cannot reserve this programme due to a conflict. Please cancel a previous reservation.”

| Tue 1 Jan 2019 17:05:28 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Well, in the end I sent for “the man”. He has checked the cables and they are fine. He thinks it’s the connections on the satellite dish and is going to come back tomorrow whenir’slight, to check.

| Thu 3 Jan 2019 20:27:37 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

canalhopper - 2 days ago  » 
    Hi Graham. I set 973 and 976 to record.
    I then went to 103 to set a programme which would start before the the other two finished, but it wouldn’t allow me to do it.
    I got the message
    “Cannot reserve this programme due to a conflict. Please cancel a previous reservation.”

As expected from the test results. Suggests possibly a lnb on the way out or possibly corrosion on the lnb out terminal that feeds tuner 2 in.

| Thu 3 Jan 2019 20:42:19 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

Well, my man came back today, and checked all of the cables with a device. When he put them all back in, it worked!
    Many thanks for your help, Graham.

| Fri 4 Jan 2019 18:51:03 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.