My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax TV Portal on HDR 1000S no You Tube etc.

(12 posts)
  1. John the Met

John the Met

Good Day
    Maybe I should have been more specific so I will summaries.
    The HDR FOX T2 performs the following without fault:
    1. Streams HD iPlayer without buffering.
    2. Streams YouTube.
    3. Labels stored recordings with date and time recording made.
    4. Handles full screen text without underlying sound buffering.
    5. Screen saver when using radio tuner mode.
    6. Slow motion playback.
    There you have it, the new HDR 1000S 1TB doesn't handle the above and firmware update 1.00.16 hasn't address them either.
    I would have expected that the facilities addressed would have been available from the get-go and not be the subject of "jam tomorrow" as afterall, by today's standards, they are run of the mill.
    In the future are we going to be subjected to new equipment from Humax that is effectively two steps forward and one back with regard to facilities available when the new product reaches the market? If this is the case, I will be looking elsewhere for my future PVRs and I doubt I will be alone.

| Tue 25 Dec 2012 1:25:37 #11 |
  2. chistery

chistery

Completely agree with you John The Met, there seem to be issues which you would have thought would never have appeared due to Humaxs history in making PVRs.

Issues such as:
    * No clear indicator of current time on the TV Guide to show how much of the show has elapsed, like on the HDR-Fox T2, or my LG TV where there's a line for the current time. Saying "20 mins left" isn't very useful.
    * speed of the box. Still slow.
    * Too many button pushes to do simple tasks
    * Recordings sometimes resetting to start and not resuming where left off.
    * Failed recordings or stops too early.

Maybe improvements will be made but it's like the features were designed by committee.

| Wed 26 Dec 2012 14:48:38 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.