My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax waiting list for replacement box?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wafers

Our 1010s gave up the ghost with HDD failure (likely motherboard after reading on here) and is 6 months out of warranty.
    The best Humax will do is replace it with a refurbished 1100s for £55.
    After three phone calls with phone operators who haven’t heard of the concept of polite customer service, and lots messing around, we have now been added to the waiting list for a refurbished box. Humax can’t give us any pointers as to when the next batch of 1100 boxes will be in, so it appears we now have a waiting game, which is really frustrating.
    Is anyone else in the same position? The deal is potentially good, but the unknown waiting time whilst using our half-dead 1010s is really frustrating.
    I’m also now wondering whether the replacement box will be a HDR box, as I see that there’s also another 1100s model available, which doesn’t even have a hard drive!

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 13:10:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The HB models without a hard drive only have a single tuner. It will be a twin tuner HDR-1100S presumably with the same size HDD as your existing one. You may want to try your existing box again as some are reported to start working after being powered off for a longish period.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 13:34:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wafers

Thanks Graham. Will try that. Still frustrated that it’s now a potentially long waiting game whilst Humax get their derrières into gear.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 20:32:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickkr

My experience was quite different. A very polite efficient lady organised a replacement 1100s without fuss. A courier came dropped of the refurbished unit and took the old one away in a plastic transit case ( which he sealed). The replacement unit looked brand new, even covered in clear film. But it wasn't as the previous owner's postcode was still in the set up menu.Obviously factory reset doesn't clear this ! The only caveat was that I accepted a 500GB instead of a 1TB as the 1TB reconditioned units seemed to be permanently out of stock. In all honesty the smaller disc makes no difference to me in real life usage. I was just glad to have a reasonably priced replacement for a box that died way outside the warranty period.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 12:00:01 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.