My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax Won't Power on Intermittent Issue

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gemmies

Hi all,
    Hope you're well.
    My mum has a 2000T - same model as me, but her's won't power up on some days.
    She's an energy saver so always switches it off at the plug, I'm not sure whether that causes the issue?!
    Anyway, she'll switch on and press the remote on, and nothing.. completely dead, no coloured light.. zilch!
    We replaced the power cable and it seemed ok for a while but think now that might have been coincidence.
    Problem is it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it comes on happily.

Other times it'll turn off, or load up to the 'Humax' logo on the screen and go off again.

She tries unplugging all the cables and making sure they're well connected, but any initial thoughts on this kind of fault please?
    She has no power saving mode settings on that would make it turn off, it's a Panasonic TV I think. Doesn't matter which HMDI slot she chooses either.
    Software/hardware up to date.

Thanks for any assistance, it's getting really irritating!

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 13:13:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

After being fully powered down, the 2000t takes around 30 seconds to fully boot up. If any button is pressed while it is going through the process it can be slower or, if the power button is impatiently pressed, stopped altogether.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 13:39:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gemmies

Thanks for the reply.
    She switches the power on first thing in the morning and then doesn't turn it on with the remote until later in the afternoon so I guess it's not that? but thank you good to know anyway

SSThing - 1 hour ago  » 
    After being fully powered down, the 2000t takes around 30 seconds to fully boot up. If any button is pressed while it is going through the process it can be slower or, if the power button is impatiently pressed, stopped altogether.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 14:47:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Turning on the power puts it into standby only. If it's been in standby for any significant length of time, the full boot up takes (as I said) around 30 seconds.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 14:58:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gemmies

she doesn't keep pressing it within those 30 seconds.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 16:43:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Well, if the symptom of no light whatsoever (at times) is a certainty, the suspicion then points towards the power supply or even the wall socket.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 20:43:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gemmies

we replaced the power cable with a new genuine one.. but good shout will get her to check the extension and maybe try a different socket within that.
    cheers

SSThing - 16 mins ago  » 
    Well, if the symptom of no light whatsoever (at times) is a certainty, the suspicion then points towards the power supply or even the wall socket.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 21:01:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Good idea. My old Dad had a cheap extension cable with 4 sockets and only 3 that operated and wondered why his VHS didn't work.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 21:04:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gemmies

haha.. she still has a VHS too!

SSThing - 33 secs ago  » 
    Good idea. My old Dad had a cheap extension cable with 4 sockets and only 3 that operated and wondered why his VHS didn't work.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 21:05:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roger Kingston

I have Just bought a second hand HDR 1800T and can get no lcd or lights on the front. Should this occur as soon as the Power Supply is plugged in???
    All received in original packaging undamaged.
    Should my first call be to replace the power supply, or are there other things I might check?

| Thu 10 Feb 2022 15:38:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.