My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax1100S

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim Copley

Hi , Im trying to set up my new Humax on Sky Astra 2. (Im in France and the dish set up is excellent)
    Everything was going well but for some reason I cant actually ' connect' to any channels shown on the channel list with the remote , which seems to work OK otherwise.
    Im pretty hopeless at this , am I missing something ?
    Im connecting a new Panasonic DVD too , but cant see how this could be relevant .
    any help would be appreciated .
    Thank you.
    Jim

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 13:04:19 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Please describe what happened during setup - the number of channels found, feeds detected.

Are you sure you are looking at the freesat channels list, i.e the TV is set to the Humax. Does the PVR button flash when you try and select a channel?

Please also give your location in France (postcode would be good) and dish size.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 14:32:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim Copley

Thanks for the message .
    I'M in the Charents Maritime near Saintes. 17200
    Ive tried to reboot, Ive not seen any flashing buttons..........but my dish is Only 60 cms I think and its the siganl that may be the problem as I get " weak signal ' on the screen now. (Ive connected only by satellite, not WIFI)
    The only thing yet to try is
    a Check the satellite on Astra 2E ( it was fine on another receiver yesterday ) or try a bigger dish.
    Its found all the channels( hundreds) and radio too, so it looks like the dish may be the culprit.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 15:15:05 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I doubt you would get satisfactory reception with 60cm and would think that you need about 90cm. 100cm would give great weather protection where you are.
    Astra 2 has a mixture of UK and European transponders, The freeesat EPG is on a UK transponder so I am surprised you got past the postcode entry in the First install. 60cm, I think would get the channels on a European transponder. The BBC HD channels are the critical test for the UK focused transponders.

The remote control has a PVR button that should flash (UNLESS someone has pressed the TV button) pressing the PVR button will select the PVR and then button presses should cause it to flash.

p.s. I am at 32460 with a 100cm which looses BBC HD channels in storms and just about everything in torrential rain, which is fortunately normally very short duration.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 15:40:00 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.