My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

HumaxRW appears to have failed

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Hello recently joined forum to get information on renewing my hard drive. All good stuff until tonight!!
    I have renewed the hard drive and had it working last night and was recording new programmes. Today i took it out connected to PC and using HumaxRW with GUI front end uploaded all old recordings I had saved to my PC. All the recordings seemed to be there as well as ones I recorded direct onto new drive. Now I've put drive back in Humax there is nothing in the recorded view not even programmes I recorded direct onto new HD. Hope someone can help with this please.

| Thu 21 Dec 2017 20:53:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Having searched the Forum a bit more I am of the opinion that HumaxRW will not restore recordings on a 9300T. Does anyone know if this is correct.

| Fri 22 Dec 2017 12:20:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jack333 - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Having searched the Forum a bit more I am of the opinion that HumaxRW will not restore recordings on a 9300T. Does anyone know if this is correct.

Some people have successfully uploaded programs back to a 9300T using humaxrw but some have failed. Do the recordings you have uploaded have the correct set of sidecar files?

| Fri 22 Dec 2017 12:52:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Not sure what that means but there are 4 files for each programme in the downloaded folder on my PC but don't show in the Humax drive when I upload them.

| Fri 22 Dec 2017 13:35:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jack333 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Not sure what that means but there are 4 files for each programme in the downloaded folder on my PC but don't show in the Humax drive when I upload them.

The .ts is the file with the video in it and is the recorded broadcast content (plus timestamps). The other three files are created by the Humax and are referred to as the sidecar files for holding various bits of information.

Edit: Here is a link to an apparently successful transfer of programs back to a 9300T https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1631636/9300t-programme-list-empty-but-hdd-shows-usage Unfortunately not enough technical detail to offer any help.

The person whose attention you want to attract is xyz321 who is the humaxrw author.

| Fri 22 Dec 2017 20:02:20 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I do not know this model however other Humax receivers (The Foxsat for example) are known to contain the full path to the .ts in one of the sidecar files.
    If the file and sidecar files are restored to a different path then the recording is not displayed on the Foxsat.

| Sat 23 Dec 2017 5:25:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

REPASSAC - 11 hours ago  » 
    If the file and sidecar files are restored to a different path then the recording is not displayed on the Foxsat.

As all the recordings are in the root of the file system I don't see how the path could be wrong on a 9200T/9150T/9300T.

| Sat 23 Dec 2017 17:24:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jack333

Thanks for all the contributions guys but I've spent lots of hours trying to solve this without success. I have found out that putting the downloaded recordings that I stored on my PC from original Humax Drive onto a USB drive I can then plug into my TV and some will play from the video section and the rest will play via the VL Video Player App on my TV. It looks like a brand new start with a blank hard drive on my Humax. Merry Christmas.

| Sun 24 Dec 2017 1:42:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

I have never owned a 9300T so this is a bit anecdotal. I believe it used to be possible to transfer to the 9300T so I suspect it may have been broken by one of the later firmware upgrades. I have not seen any reports of these problems on the 9200T and both devices appear to use the same disk format. This suggests that something which was ignored on the 9200T is now being checked on the 9300T.

| Sun 24 Dec 2017 14:10:45 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.