My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

HumaxRW error when restoring files

(5 posts)
  1. fre2709

fre2709

Hi All,

Sorry for joining the forum with a problem to solve. (Guess that must happen a lot...)

I have an old 9200T (A09/1.00.23) and over the years it has been quite reliable (apart from the usual quirks). Then it stopped recording to schedule and when I looked at the recorded program list it was empty.

Searched for the problem and this forum came up. Seems like it happens a lot. So followed the instructions and removed the drive from the unit. Connected to my PC (XP Pro (SP3)) with an IDE/USB converter. Downloaded HumaxRW_1.15 and used it to recover the files from the hard drive. It found 23 programs (file 1 said BUFFER - not sure what that means, but may be a part recorded program) and dutifully recovered them and associated files (.hre & .elu - not sure if these are actual recovered files or dummies).

As I hadn't got a spare IDE drive available I had to put the old drive back in the Hummy and format it. Tried a few recordings which seemed to work OK. So I deleted those (suppose I could have formatted again). Removed the drive again and reconnected to PC. Here's where the problems start.

When I ran the following command: "HumaxRW 4: -p *.ts" I got a warning something like (sorry can't remember exactly) "Recording file empty - this could corrupt your humax disk - Continue [no]". I chose yes as I had no other alternative and didn't really understand the error message. It copied the .ts file recover_0001.ts then tried to copy .hre & .elu files but gave an error "no such file or directory" which it then repeated for the other 22 .ts files. Can any one explain why or help me get my Hummy working again with the recordings restored?

I ran "HumaxRW 4: -l" and the first file (which was the buffer file) shows up on the listing. Tried copying the file one at a time and get the same error.

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 9:03:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fre2709 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Searched for the problem and this forum came up. Seems like it happens a lot.

I think it is a common problem but Barry doesn't.

It found 23 programs (file 1 said BUFFER - not sure what that means,

I think it is probably the the buffer used for time shifting (ie if you pause or rewind a live program).

When I ran the following command: "HumaxRW 4: -p *.ts" I got a warning something like (sorry can't remember exactly) "Recording file empty - this could corrupt your humax disk - Continue [no]".

Because the recording list was blank you had to run in recovery mode and no .hre files are copied from the disk. I think you need to run the little utility that comes with humaxrw called ts2hrw to recreate .hre files. cd to the directory with the .ts files and type:

ts2hrw *.ts.

After that you should be able to put things back on the drive.

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 10:29:23 #2 |
  3. fre2709

fre2709

Thank you Martin,

Both the .hre & .elu files exist in the recovery directory already. Please see attached picture of folder list.

Is it possible that the new version of HumaxRW managed to recover these files automatically? Or maybe calls ts2hrw itself to create the files?

Should I remove the .hre & .elu files from the directory and let ts2hrw re-create them?

Attachments

1. Folder.PNG (54.5 KB, 11 downloads) 10 years old
    | Wed 21 Aug 2013 11:41:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fre2709 - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Both the .hre & .elu files exist in the recovery directory already.

I only see a single hre file; there should be one for each ts file. I would delete the single hre file and then run ts2hrw

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 11:57:51 #4 |
  5. fre2709

fre2709

Thank you Martin,

What an idiot missing that. Looked more closely and what I assumed were the .hre's for the remaining files were actually .epg files which the HumaxRW instructions imply that they won't be created in recovery mode, so I wasn't expecting them to be there.

Have successfully created the .hre's now using ts2hrw.exe

Have uploaded the files back to the Hummy Drive. See attached picture of the output from the program. There is an error near the beginning involving "Oldname _RECORD_LIST_ does not exist". Do you know if this is normal? Might be related to the fact that the record list is empty?

Will rebuild the Hummy now and update you on whether it worked or not. Thanks for all your help...

Attachments

1. HumaxRW_Output.PNG (52.7 KB, 3 downloads) 10 years old
    | Wed 21 Aug 2013 13:39:55 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.