My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax freesat 1000s freezing when turned on

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

danielgw1

Hello, my Humax freesat HDR 1000s freezes when we turn it on, almost every time, since about 2 weeks ago. It is about 6 months old. Any ideas of what to do? At the moment we switch everything off and after several times of switching off/on it works.
    It doesn't seem to freeze once it is up and running, just when we first turn it on.
    This problem coincides with us plugging in and using a Humax usb stick so we could view on demand etc.
    thank you.

| Wed 26 Nov 2014 20:06:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Make a note of your recording schedule (you will lose it) and carry out a reset to factory defaults. Sometimes updating from usb needs a reset afterwards.

| Wed 26 Nov 2014 20:09:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Z Cheema

Try removing the network / wireless and try that, worked for me

| Mon 1 Dec 2014 23:50:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard238

Similar problem with my unit.

NOT using any USB devices.

Factory reset worked for a couple of weeks until it did it again. Tried a disk format, but still it does same thing.

Very annoying that the only way out is to power it off, with the loss of anything it's recording at the time.

Might try unplugging the CAT5 network connection for a while, see if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

| Mon 1 Dec 2014 23:59:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

This has happened to me recently and I have found that it happens in my case because some R/C action is taken before the mini-guide screen is fully displayed. For example, pressing the mute or volume keys prior to the mini-guide display. Annoying. Another bug introduced by a s/w update?

| Tue 2 Dec 2014 14:04:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hirot

Don't know if it helps but I have a new freesat connected top a Sony and it was freezing up on power up with only the volume buttons working. Humax suggested formatting the disc or returning the box. Didn't sound a good idea.
    Decided it was some sort of timing fault so I went into the Sony TV and disabled HDMI and then set it to find the HDMI sets out there. Found the Humax and when I flicked back all was OK the Humax was unfrozen.
    Looks like a message is lost or not answered.

How do I get Humax to both recognise this and fix it as I don't think it is a Sony problem as the TV controls the DVD recorder with no problems.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 18:38:20 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

hirot - 2 hours ago  » 
    Don't know if it helps but I have a new freesat connected top a Sony and it was freezing up on power up with only the volume buttons working. Humax suggested formatting the disc or returning the box. Didn't sound a good idea.
    Decided it was some sort of timing fault so I went into the Sony TV and disabled HDMI and then set it to find the HDMI sets out there. Found the Humax and when I flicked back all was OK the Humax was unfrozen.
    Looks like a message is lost or not answered.
    How do I get Humax to both recognise this and fix it as I don't think it is a Sony problem as the TV controls the DVD recorder with no problems.

Was it HDMI-CEC that you disabled? Never seen a TV setting that you could disable HDMI - You could just unplug it.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 21:31:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sojo

danielgw1 - Try powering it off at the mains and removing the dongle. Power it back on and do a factory reset;

home >> settings >> system settings >> factory default >> reset system

Go all the way through the reset until your back at live TV. Reconnect the dongle and set up the wifi again, then put the box on BBC 1 HD and leave it there for a hour. See if that solves the lock ups.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 21:39:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

REPASSAC - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Was it HDMI-CEC that you disabled? Never seen a TV setting that you could disable HDMI - You could just unplug it.

some sets you can delete the hdmi ports and re-scan the hdmi ports, without which you can't access them. i.e. you can't simply plug a device into hdmi-2 and select it via remote without scanning and assigning first. Absolutely barmey I know, as if consumers don't already have enough hurdles to jump over when trying to get things to work. Not too sure if hirot meant this or cec.

It's a shame some members don't always report back after posting a problem with what did or didn't work for them. There are too many variables in play at times

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 0:37:02 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Referring back to my post #5 above... I have found that this is now a built-in feature of my box. If any R/C key is pressed prior to the mini-guide populating then the box freezes and the only way to unfreeze is to pull the power for about 30 secs.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 10:30:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.