My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax freesat 1000s freezing when turned on

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richard238

Before Christmas I eliminated two possible causes:

Universal remote control, and CAT5 Ethernet connection.

Christmas, Jan, Feb it all worked perfectly, no problems.
    I recently returned to using the URC.
    Still, no problems.
    I dare not put the CAT5 back though, I'm sure that's what causes the problems for me.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 11:25:58 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hirot

Sorry for a bad explanation. What I did on the Sony was turn off HDMI control and then set it to rebuild its connected HDMI list. This probably sends out a signal to find out what is out there and kicks the Humax back into life. I am ethernet connected so no dongles involved.
    And yes it does seem to happen if you are too quick with the remote after it is powered up or if you turn it on just as a program is fimnishing recording. I have got this working twice so far and its safer than pulling the power.
    Originally my Humax froze if the TV was already in standbye/on but worked if both were off. I switched the HDMI cables around (Humax to slot 1) and the problem reversed ie if the TV was in standby/on the Humax worked and froze if the TV was off.
    It seems like it is a timing problem or a missing reply/interupt which gets fixed by a prompt from the TV.
    The next bit of the puzzle is to get the TV to automatically turn off when I turn off the Humax, as that is how the TV DVD recorder works.
    I stopped using the TV DVD recorder after I started getting signal break up and switched to Satellite as my house already had an old dish.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 12:26:19 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

hirot - 9 minutes ago  » 
    The next bit of the puzzle is to get the TV to automatically turn off when I turn off the Humax, as that is how the TV DVD recorder works.

That's the function HDMI-CEC is for. Sony call it Bravia Sync I believe.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 12:38:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hirot

Yes I thought so too.
    Just had a quick play and if I turn the TV off when I was watching through the Humax it turns the Humax off too. However, if I turn off the Humax the TV stays on.
    So I guess thats the way to do it.

Still think there is a problem with the synchronising between the Sony and Humax. Maybe they use different releases.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 16:03:56 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.