My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura source/signal problem - help!

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

marko_darko

Hi. So I am going to try and attach a PDF of my set-up. I have an Optoma UHD40 projector connected via HDMI to an audio extractor, into which goes my Sonos Beam soundbar. I also have three inputs into the extractor: an Xbox, a Roku, and now my brand new Humax Aura. Both the Xbox and the Roku display hi-def visuals beautifully in this set-up, as did the clunky old Samsung BD-8500 Blu-Ray/Freeview recorder that I have replaced with the Aura. ALl three had no problems, and the audio was great through the Beam.

I have put the Aura into the vacant HDMI input on the extractor and it picks it up, but my projector drops it as a source every 30 seconds (at best, sometimes it constantly brings up the image then loses it and goes to a blank screen while it "searches" for a source).

This is very frustrating because the few times it has held the Aura as a source for a minute or two, the Aura looks fab.

So is this a cabling issue? ie, do I need to buy better HDMI cables (fibre optic perhaps? In other words, is there something about the Aura that would require better cabling that isn't demanded by the xbox or the Roku or the older Samsung unit?

I have tried plugging the Aura directly into the projector (ie, not via the audio extractor) and the same thing happens.

I have tried a few different basic HDMIs from the Aura to the extractor. But the cable I have direct to from the projector is this one, which I thought should be OK: https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LPG73B2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&psc=1

So, basically, I need a bit of help I think. Any ideas? I was hoping to have this sorted in time to record loads of Christmas stuff for the kids. But, maybe I'll have to return the Aura...

| Tue 8 Dec 2020 22:31:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

marko_darko

And here is the set-up...

Attachments

1. Set-up_grab.jpg (78.7 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 8 Dec 2020 22:35:11 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Does your TV or projector have a way to show what the video format it is receiving is. Presume your projector requires 4K60. What's the TV's native resolution ?

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 12:31:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

marko_darko

Hi Graham,

Thanks for responding. I have attached a screen grab of the projector's tech specs. Perhaps you will spot something in this that would give a clue...?

NB, apologies but the file size is too big to upload a pic. The specs are here:
    https://www.optoma.co.uk/product-details/uhd40

Best,

Mark.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 14:49:27 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

marko_darko - 42 secs ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Thanks for responding. I have attached a screen grab of the projector's tech specs. Perhaps you will spot something in this that would give a clue...?
    Best,
    Mark.

No attachment. Is the TV a 4K model ?

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 14:50:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

marko_darko

Yes. It's a 4k projector.
    I can't upload the pic as too big, weirdly. But specs are here if you have 2mins to take a look...

Thank you very much for replying.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 14:57:34 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

marko_darko - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes. It's a 4k projector.
    I can't upload the pic as too big, weirdly. But specs are here if you have 2mins to take a look...
    Thank you very much for replying.

You have 2 4K projectors ? It was a connected TV that I was asking about. Or do you just use the projector ?

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 16:21:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

marko_darko

Yep, I just use the projector (I have a normal TV in another room).

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 16:28:11 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

marko_darko - 40 mins ago  » 
    Yep, I just use the projector (I have a normal TV in another room).

Shouldn't be an issue. I would wait for the next software update. It really needs more output video settings.

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 17:09:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

marko_darko

Humax are looking into it, apparently!

| Wed 9 Dec 2020 19:42:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.