My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

I player

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kings

Hi guys
    New to this forum as just bought unit. So far very happy, except.........
    Whenever we watch anything on BBC iplayer after we have watched the programme and try to come out of it, the unit freezes and the remote becomes inoperable. The only way around this is to turn it off at the mains and back on again.
    Am I being thick ,is a solution very simple.
    In anticipation

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 19:53:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dwood

Hi,

I tried BBC IPlayer and the only problem I have experienced is jitter on first starting the programme. I overcame this by pausing the programme for 30 seconds and after that perfect streaming in HD.

One other problem experienced was it looses the IP address on standby. This was solved by forcing an IP allocation in the Router or by just switching the box off and on. I believe the box can be forced to accept a static address also from other posts

I could not get the box to freeze on exit so I wonder if it is the connection type you are using? I use homeplugs are you using the same or direct connection or wireless which I haven't tried? Also what is the connection bandwidth to the 1000s? How are you exiting I player? I wonder what is the reccomended method?

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 13:23:43 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

dwood - 45 minutes ago  » 
    ............. One other problem experienced was it looses the IP address on standby. This was solved by forcing an IP allocation in the Router or by just switching the box off and on. I believe the box can be forced to accept a static address also from other posts .......

Can you explain a little more please.
    When you say looses the IP address on standby using DHCP - this would be normal. It should re-request one when it has powered up. Most routers will reissue the same IP as before if it has not been scavenged. Are you saying that on reboot it fails to re-aquire one or that it receives a different IP?

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 14:16:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dwood

Hi,

On re activating the box using the remote on off button (the humax was not switched off at the mains) the network message was network disconnected. When entering the setup menu and looking at the netork info everything was blank-- gateway, sub mask and Ip address.

Asking the box to connect automatically just came back with the message disconnected. By powering down the box and re powering the box back up the dhcp reallocated the ip address and everything was fine. Obviously I dont want to switch the unit off at the plug everytime. It appeared that the dhcp was not requesting another lease of a ip address when simply controlled from the remote.

This happened three times after which I went into the router setup and allocated a static IP address which I know is allways free to the HUMAX mac code. I noted on the forum that it was also possible to switch dhcp off and force the Humax to jump into the manual setup mode which I assume would also work.

After that modification then going into standby on the remote and then switching back on again I found the IP address was still active and ready.

I just thought?? Could this be anything to do with with my Solwise AV homeplugs disrupting the request from the Humax. They go into a dorment state until network traffic requests in order to save power. They may not be fully out of power down mode when the Humax asks for an address? Having said that even requesting "connect automatically" several times still came back with the disconnected message. Any how making the router change seems to have sorted it.

Regards
    Dave

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 15:46:34 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

When I got half way reading your reply I thought of the home plugs. Try disconnecting the router end home plug, reconnect it and power on the HDR-1000S after the homeplug leds are steady.

It is rather strange that making a router address reservation would solve the problem as for the HDR-1000S nothing changes from standard DHCP.

If you wanted to assign a static address on the unit - disconnect the home plug and go into config. When it cannot get a IP it will offer a manual option.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 16:12:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dwood

Repassac

Thanks for your reply.
    I will try that and report back. Best to understand if it is the homeplugs.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 16:55:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kings

It freezes on finishing the program and when I press either the exit or back key, although I don't think the way I am exiting it is the problem. We use home plugs, and also used them with the last humax box that we owned, which didn't have any problems at all, this makes me think its down to the actual unit. Any help at all would be appreciated!

| Sat 15 Dec 2012 17:25:14 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My box is hard wired via a network switch to the router. I do have a spare homeplug and a long patch lead I use to get a high speed connection in parts of my house where WiFi is a bit dodgy.

I have just connected the box by this and tried iplayer without problems. It's not a fancy one with power saving though so not sure if that's an issue.

How about getting hold of a long enough patch lead (they are very cheap on e-bay) and running a temporary lead back to your router. At least this will confirm one way or the other if it's a box issue.

| Sat 15 Dec 2012 18:48:20 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Thats is a sure way Graham.

| Sat 15 Dec 2012 20:17:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kings

I have contacted the company I purchased the unit from and they have stated the following

This is a known issue with the receiver and is affecting them all. It is common for small glitches like this to be present in a newly launched product. Freesat have been running a thread on their community forum and reporting the faults back to Humax who are aware of this particular one and will be looking to resolve on an upcoming software update; no timescale has yet been given but we can’t imagine it will be long given the number of minor fixes required.

One of the tips is to make sure you stop the programme just prior to the programme itself ending to avoid the lock-up.

Other issues with iPlayer including crashing back to normal television as well as buffering delays the start unless you pause the programme for a few seconds first; all of which Humax are working on with freesat and the BBC.

Thought you may find this interesting!!!!!!!!!

| Sun 16 Dec 2012 17:17:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.