My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Recording from BBC i-player

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Macskull

We have set up Humax HDR-2000T and it works to show the chosen programme but we cannot record. Pressing the record button does nothing. The programme we wan to record that we bought the Humax especially for expires at 22.30 tomorrow - HELP !!!

| Fri 20 Feb 2015 22:21:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

You can't record from iplayer on the hdr-2000t. The whole idea of on-demand is it's on demand and no need to record. bbc don't keep everything available though, a week or two or a bit longer if it's a series.
    You can download on some pc's, tablets, phones etc, but again it's normally time limited

The hdr-2000t will only ever record live broadcast TV, i.e. none of the on-demand stuff. At a push you can record via scart to a vhs/dvd recorder in real time. If you were sold the hdr-2000t on the basis it would record on-demand then it's been mis-sold. Out of interest what was it that expires at 22:30

| Fri 20 Feb 2015 23:07:19 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

You can't record from BBCiPlayer.

| Fri 20 Feb 2015 23:07:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

As others have said you can't record from iPlayer on an HDR-2000T. If you say what the program is that is of particular interest you might find someone prepared to record it for you on a box that will make recordings from iPlayer.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 0:36:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Macskull

Many thanks for answers - trying to understand how to use this Forum as well as the Humax
    Maybe I mis-read but I looked for amounting that I could record iPlayer on and the online sell was that you could but it didn't say that on the box - but nor did it say you couldn't on the instructions!
    The programme I am desperate to record is the opening concert of Celtic Connections - orchestrated 1 hour of 10 years gone Martyn Bennet's GRIT album. Fantastic to see 80 musicians - sheer joy and the brilliant Greg lawson who scored it and conducts it. Truly awesome and it disappears at 10.30....

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 12:11:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Macskull - 1 hour ago  » 
    The programme I am desperate to record is the opening concert of Celtic Connections - orchestrated 1 hour of 10 years gone Martyn Bennet's GRIT album. Fantastic to see 80 musicians - sheer joy and the brilliant Greg lawson who scored it and conducts it.

Give us a clue; what channel and what date was it broadcast?

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 13:33:11 #6 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Macskull - 1 hour ago  » 
    The programme I am desperate to record is the opening concert of Celtic Connections - orchestrated 1 hour of 10 years gone Martyn Bennet's GRIT album. Fantastic to see 80 musicians - sheer joy and the brilliant Greg lawson who scored it and conducts it.

Give us a clue; what channel and what date was it broadcast?

BBC Two Scotland, on 22 Jan 2015.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 15:24:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ok I have a download of the program. I will send the OP a link where it can be downloaded when it has uploaded to DropBox. Please keep an eye on your private Messages (third link down in the top right of this page).

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 17:28:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

PM sent.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 20:53:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Macskull

How very, very kind and helpful of you !!!! Most appreciated. I'm hoping it will all make sense when I try to download it

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 20:59:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.