My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Image quality output now looks very blurry/EPG

(1 post)
  1. jamonbread

jamonbread

Last night I couldn't get an image just a black screen with sound using my HDMI switcher as I normally do. I assumed the switcher must have failed on me so I plugged the Humax directly into my display as it was already to late to test things.

While I got an image and sound with a direct HDMI connection with the box set to put out an up scaled 1080p as normal it now looks like I'm watching an up scaled SD image across the board including the EPG. Text in the EPG is now very noticeably juddery and blurry and its very noticeable from distant the drop in image quality is all round.

I've tested out the HDMI switcher this morning and its working fine with every other device except the Humax. I've swapped out HDMI cables but it makes no difference either. Sometimes I can get a snow storm on the screen from the Humax box using it with the switcher but I mostly get a black screen with only sound. I only have one HDMI port on my display so I really find the switcher to be very useful to have in the bedroom and its never had any problems with the Humax or anything else before.

I think something is maybe wrong with the HDMI output on the Humax maybe a HDCP issue forcing it to only do SD resolutions? Despite the fact that the box is up scaling to 1080p if I change the resolution to an SD output the image looks basically the same. It makes me think its stuck outputting SD?

| Fri 21 Oct 2016 16:16:08 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.