My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Important info for Aura Beta Testers - Please read.

(17 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The next round of Beta updates will also involve updating firmware - to date it only applications that have been updated.

Firmware updates during testing will be via Android Recovery Menu using USB stick/Pendrive.

It is entirely understandable that some of you may not be comfortable doing this, so if you want to opt out of testing then PM me.

Apologises - Hold on this for time being whilst I seek clarification.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 7:28:46 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Once again apologises. I want it to be clear as to the next phase.

Have been exchanging a few messages this morning with Humax Towers.

The next stage of testing will involve firmware as well as application updates. These will be 'pushed' to testers units as before, however testers need to note the following:

New firmware should be ok for normal use - except one thing. It is not a certified version by Google, therefore there may be some restrictions.

Some applications (e.g. Disney+) needs certified platform to be installed, that could be a problem to any who has new firmware. (It will be no problem if Disney+ is already installed)

Once certified no problems, note public release may still be some way off.

Note:

a. Users with new firmware will have complete features.

b. Users without new firmware will not have complete features, users should be able to use the box as before (except some new features).

If you want to be included in the firmware update group then PM me.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:37:18 #2 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

One point of clarification please Barry.

If you are in the firmware upgrade group what happens if the Disney+ or YouTube application, as examples, are independently upgraded by their providers during the Google uncertified phase of testing? Will that then break the application?

Thanks.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 13:01:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Can I also ask if the firmware upgrade group can be added to further down the line? Some people may want to hear first what new features will be available via new firmware and then weighing up whether they want to make the jump to be part of beta testing new firmware or not...

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 13:49:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Thanks for the heads up on this. Could be important if someone wasn't currently a subscriber and wanted to take a new sub out for a new service down the line.

Presumably if either an app stopped working with a new update, or if someone wanted to step off the beta programme the could do this with not too much difficulty? I'm guessing a PM to Barry would be needed to delete the box from the beta panel, and then potentially the application of an older but verified firmware would be needed?

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 14:45:36 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

davidrew - 2 hours ago  » 
    One point of clarification please Barry.
    If you are in the firmware upgrade group what happens if the Disney+ or YouTube application, as examples, are independently upgraded by their providers during the Google uncertified phase of testing? Will that then break the application?
    Thanks.

Not possible to answer, it would depend on what an update to the independent app did.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 15:18:49 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

boogersa - 1 hour ago  » 
    Can I also ask if the firmware upgrade group can be added to further down the line? Some people may want to hear first what new features will be available via new firmware and then weighing up whether they want to make the jump to be part of beta testing new firmware or not...

Not a problem, just PM me

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 15:19:14 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

larkim - 33 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the heads up on this. Could be important if someone wasn't currently a subscriber and wanted to take a new sub out for a new service down the line.
    Presumably if either an app stopped working with a new update, or if someone wanted to step off the beta programme the could do this with not too much difficulty? I'm guessing a PM to Barry would be needed to delete the box from the beta panel, and then potentially the application of an older but verified firmware would be needed?

Leaving the beta programme not an issue, just PM me.

Reverting to an older version via usb should be possible. Failing that a factory default....await further info.

| Thu 15 Apr 2021 15:22:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bjwgorman

Hi Barry. I am interested in being a beta tester.

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 20:04:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dnbhead89

Any idea when this new firmware is likely to drop?

| Sun 25 Apr 2021 2:16:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.