My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Importing recordings made on an earlier Humax box

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

henrylaw

I had an FVP-5000T but I swapped it for an Aura because the old box wouldn't access UK ITV's catch-up service. Before the swap I exported a load of recordings to a USB-attached HDD (yes I know the HD ones are encrypted). Now I have the Aura installed I'm trying to import the old recordings. (I had hoped to be able to attach the HDD to the Aura and have it see them directly; vain hope, so FTP from another device seems to be the only option).

There are four files for each recording: .hjm, .hjtsm, .nts and .ts. I FTP'd one set to Recordings/Upload but the Aura still sees no recordings. Have I done something wrong, or failed to do something right?

| Mon 27 Mar 2023 18:24:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

henrylaw - 10 mins ago  » 
    I had an FVP-5000T but I swapped it for an Aura because the old box wouldn't access UK ITV's catch-up service. Before the swap I exported a load of recordings to a USB-attached HDD (yes I know the HD ones are encrypted). Now I have the Aura installed I'm trying to import the old recordings. (I had hoped to be able to attach the HDD to the Aura and have it see them directly; vain hope, so FTP from another device seems to be the only option).

I have already replied to your post over at hummy.tv.

| Mon 27 Mar 2023 18:35:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

henrylaw

Thank you, Martin. Back when USENET was a thing, it was considered bad form to post the same question in more than one newsgroup. Now that information sources are so fragmented I decided that that rule no longer applied, but I see that I was wrong: sorry.

| Mon 27 Mar 2023 19:36:35 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.