My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Incomplete recording programme in progress

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardG

I bought an HB-1000S before Christmas and was so impressed I bought a second one for our other TV. A couple of nights ago I first tried the "record the programme you've already started watching" trick expecting next day to find a recording from the beginning to the end of that programme.

What I actually got was a recording starting about three minutes before the programme I wanted (so the tail end of the previous one) and ending about the same time short of its finish (Dave Allen's final joke cut off in its prime!). I had been watching the same channel for some time, so there was plenty of buffer.

Any thoughts, please?

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 14:48:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum, sounds like the broadcaster screwed up now/next data. Programme was probably running around 3 minutes late but now/next changed at scheduled time rather than actual.

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 14:54:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardG

Graham

Thanks for that. Actually, I think BBC2 was running to time - but I take your point about the data being bad. I'll try the trick again with something else tonight - just to reassure myself that all is as it should be

Thanks again.

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 15:11:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

Dont forget that you have to be watching the program from the beginning if you want to use that feature. Also it will only work if the program is no longer than an hour in duration, i.e if you have been watching a film for 70 mins and then decide you want to record it then I don't think you will catch the start. Graham my say I am wrong though

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 21:13:02 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The buffer is large enough to hold roughly 3hrs of HD content. You would have to press the record button around 3hrs after the programme started not to get the beginning (the buffer is a fixed size but average bitrates vary with the channel). Once the buffer is copied to recording it doesn't matter how long is left to record.

| Mon 6 Jan 2014 22:09:21 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.