My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Incorrect Link on Humax 1000s

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

Last week after having my new Humax box for 3 weeks it decided not to connect through to "on demand" The on demand had worked perfectly until then. i received BBC i-player, ITV player, 4OD, Demand 5 and YOUYUBE through that link. It then just started on ?Thursday saying "Incorrect Link" Also the link on BBC page 7001 had never worked by the way. I used a wirless TP-link to my router. I was still getting ITV player on channel 903. But BBC i-player did not connect through to play the programs but it did link through to the opening page where I could select a program I wanted to watch. However after about 30 seconds it said "The content does not appear to be working try later" and it asked me to press "Back" which then returned me to the original 901 page for BBC i player. I took thr box back yo the shop and repaced it with a new box. I also purchased a TP-Link set of powereline adapters in case there was a problem with my wireless connection. Alas to no avail. The new box is exactly the same as the old one only this time it did not work properly from the start. I still get ITV player on Channel 903 so there cannot be a problem with the connection otherwise that would not work surely? Can any one help? I think that it is a manufacturing fault an the whole batch, or at least two of the batch anyway appear to have been affeted in this way. What do you think?

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 18:21:27 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Have a read through this link http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/incorrect-link-the-link-is-currently-not-available

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 18:44:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

It's not the Humax box. It's your network. To prove that get a 30m ethernet cable from Amazon for less than 10 Pounds and string it out over the floor Humax direct to Router and set MAC/IP address in Router as "fixed". That will prove that you have a good connection. In that event you need to consider how you can maintain that good connection.

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 19:34:12 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    It's not the Humax box. It's your network. To prove that get a 30m ethernet cable from Amazon for less than 10 Pounds and string it out over the floor Humax direct to Router and set MAC/IP address in Router as "fixed". That will prove that you have a good connection. In that event you need to consider how you can maintain that good connection.

After connection you do need to wait some hours for updated info to be sourced.

| Sun 17 Nov 2013 19:40:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

Hi

Thank you for your help it is much appreciated but,As I explained I have purchased some power line adapters. They made no difference whatsoever and that is a recommended link advised by Humax. Also how come my old box still works. This is the Humax Foxsat box. I can get BBC i-player and ITV player on that no trouble at all on channels 901 and 903. Further as I said I can get ITV player on 903 on the new box. I am loathed to spend £10 out and find I wasted my money. Any way I would not use the cable again and what happens when I disconnect it and put back the previous links. If they do not work I cannot have a cable trailing over the floor from one room to another. What I am now trying is keeping the link open for some hours on the power line adapters to see if that makes any difference. Thanks for your speedy reply though.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 10:31:24 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Two comments;

Some power line adapters with "energy saving" features have given some users problems with apparent loss of network. This would not appear to be so in your case as you have on demand available.
    Is Showcase populated?

I suggest you review the network settings on your router (and elsewhere)- especially the DNS settings.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 13:38:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Richards - 5 hours ago  » 
    I am loathed to spend £10 out and find I wasted my money.

Your choice, but in almost all cases I have looked at in friends setup the cause was reliability of network connections in one form or another.
    See my post #7 here...
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/freesat-1010s-on-demand-interface-not-working#post-22066

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 16:02:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

Hi again,

Thank you

My DNS was showingall zeros, could that be it. If so how what DNS number do I put in? do i have to re set the router and if so how do I do that?

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 18:32:02 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Deleted

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 18:38:00 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Richards - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi again,
    Thank you
    My DNS was showingall zeros, could that be it. If so how what DNS number do I put in? do i have to re set the router and if so how do I do that?

The DNS number is specific to your internet provider. You need to get that from them. Or set it to AUTO in your router.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 18:42:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.