(35 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 26 minutes ago  » 

Richards - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi again,
    Thank you
    My DNS was showingall zeros, could that be it. If so how what DNS number do I put in? do i have to re set the router and if so how do I do that?

The DNS number is specific to your internet provider. You need to get that from them. Or set it to AUTO in your router.

Auto would be the preferred option (picks up rare changes).

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 19:10:37 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Richards - 2 hours ago  » 
    My DNS was showingall zeros, could that be it. If so how what DNS number do I put in? do i have to re set the router and if so how do I do that?

Try 208.67.220.220 which is Open DNS and will work with any ISP. An alternative is 8.8.8.8 which is Google DNS but I find Open DNS more reliable.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 20:42:04 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

Now I cannot get into the Humax box to let me connect to the internet manually. So I cannot change the DNS readings. Or any readings I have gone into settings then network connection and all it says is "Connect Automatically" when I first had the box it said both "connect automatically" and "connect manually". Thanks for your help by the way on this i do appreciate it.

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 17:40:43 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If I remember correctly you need to turn off your router or disconnect from it to get the manual option.

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 18:16:58 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would first look at your router DHCP server settings as that is where the PVR tried to get the address from.

| Tue 19 Nov 2013 18:25:07 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

Hi
    I think i am going to have to get some direct help. I have no idea how to set my router which is a belkin to Auto. It has also nw lost the gateway address.

I really do appreciate your help here.

| Wed 20 Nov 2013 19:28:29 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Richards - 49 minutes ago  » 
    I think i am going to have to get some direct help. I have no idea how to set my router which is a belkin to Auto. It has also nw lost the gateway address.

Tell us the exact model of Belkin router and we may be able to help.

| Wed 20 Nov 2013 20:19:06 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

Hi
    Thanks for this. The Belkin Router is a G Wireless Router model F5D7234-4 v3.
    I managed to get the box working last night, but only for 5 mins. I unplugged the cable as you suggested and managed to get BBC i-player all the ways it allows and YouTube. But that was whilst my computer was on. As soon as I turned my computer off it stopped working again and was back to square one. I have just tried it again, taking the cable out and putting it back in, but it did not work.I have the router's IP address and the gateway address which is 192.168.2.1. the Primary DNS address is the same as the Gateway address and the Secondary DNS was 4 0's. I then swapped over to the wireless link got the secondary DNS numbers but lost the gateway numbers again.I tried entering the numbers manually but got no where.

| Thu 21 Nov 2013 18:34:04 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Richards - 53 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    I managed to get the box working last night, but only for 5 mins. I unplugged the cable as you suggested and managed to get BBC i-player all the ways it allows and YouTube. But that was whilst my computer was on. As soon as I turned my computer off it stopped working again and was back to square one. I have just tried it again, taking the cable out and putting it back in, but it did not work.I have the router's IP address and the gateway address which is 192.168.2.1. the Primary DNS address is the same as the Gateway address and the Secondary DNS was 4 0's. I then swapped over to the wireless link got the secondary DNS numbers but lost the gateway numbers again.I tried entering the numbers manually but got no where.

This is odd - I suspect you have an address conflict. most router do have a reset button on the bottom or somewhere. I suggest you push it.

| Thu 21 Nov 2013 19:30:21 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Richards - 1 hour ago  » 

So who is your broadband provider?

the Secondary DNS was 4 0's.

It should work fine without secondary DNS (which is only a backup).

| Thu 21 Nov 2013 19:43:57 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.