My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Incorrect Link on Humax 1000s

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

The router has no reset button on it anywhere. As for the Broadband provider, why would that make a difference? Are there clashes with certain provders? In which case I should have been told before I purchased the box.

| Fri 22 Nov 2013 19:06:08 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Richards - 30 minutes ago  » 
    As for the Broadband provider, why would that make a difference? Are there clashes with certain provders?

No it should work with any provider but there is something odd about your setup and just trying to understand the detail to try and find a fix.

| Fri 22 Nov 2013 19:38:30 #22 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There is something odd in your network setup - perhaps connected with the DHCP server parameters. A reset of all devices would be nice - I know you think there is no provision for this - but this would be the first device I know that does not have one.

| Fri 22 Nov 2013 21:39:10 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

There might not be a button but there could/should be a paperclip hole.

| Sat 23 Nov 2013 12:55:53 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

It has started working. Yesterday I did not try to connect, I just kept looking for the reset button and in the process turned the router upside down thinking it might bu underneath. However I put it back in a different place. It was resting on my HIFI speaker before and now it is on my desk. As I said it works but ITV player was a bit stop and start. I am not counting my chickens though so I will let you know how I get on. It occurs to me that even though the HIFI is off, a magnetic field might have been the problem all along.
    Thanks for your patience and your help.

| Sat 23 Nov 2013 13:33:57 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

Hi
    I'm back again. The link stayed on for just two hours and I have not been able to get it back since, so it was probably nothing to do with where I had put the router on the speaker.
    I found the reset button. It is a pinhole on the front left of the router in the middle. I had to reset the box as I managed to my internet connection, but by resetting it, I got back the internet but it did nothing to restore the link with the Humax Box. My view is that Humax have issued a faulty batch of 1000s boxes. Why else would it work and then stop working when I had not carried out anything on the box except use it? I deliberately left the link on and all the links and sockets plugged in. I am going to ask a friend of mine if he can help, but if he can't, it's going back to the shop and I will make do with a different make and model.
    Thanks for all your help guys.

| Tue 26 Nov 2013 19:08:45 #26 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You did not say much about your network - are all your devices set to use DHCP or could there be an address conflict?

I would try pre-allocating the IP on the router (Address reservation is the normal term used).

| Wed 27 Nov 2013 12:06:18 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richards

I only have the humax box and my computer on the network. The humax settings page on the box says it is DHCP whatever that is. How do i pre allocate the IP on the Router?

| Wed 27 Nov 2013 18:25:34 #28 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Normally this would be un advanced settings - possibly in the place where the DHCP address pool is defined - you want to make an "address reservation" where the Humax hardware "MAC" address will be assigned an address within the DHCP pool.

| Thu 28 Nov 2013 9:11:09 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stef574

This has started happening on my 1000s. It has been working perfectly since March when I purchased it, but a couple of days ago I got the 'incorrect link' message and I haven't been able to connect to any on demand services since. Nothing had changed in terms of my network setup prior to it breaking. I have tried just about every suggestion I could find on these forums but nothing has worked so far.

The Humax is plugged directly in to a port on the router. Other devices (e.g. a PS3) are also plugged into the same router and continue to work fine, iPlayer etc. is still working on those devices. I have TalkTalk fibre broadband ,and everything else on my network continues to work perfectly.

In the network settings page on the Humax it says it's connected to the network. I can ping the Humax from my laptop and directly from my router. I can also play media stored on my NAS from the Humax, so it clearly still has a working network card/ethernet cable and can route internally on my LAN, but not over the internet.

I've tried the following, once at a time, all without success (not necessarily in this order):

Power cycling both the Humax and the router.
    Changing the port on the router that the Humax is connected to.
    A factory reset on the Humax.
    Applying the reset file on the Humax, mentioned elsewhere in these forums.
    Assigning a permanent IP address to the Humax, on my router (a different IP to what it previously had).
    Switching off DHCP on my router and manually entering the network settings on the Humax.
    Applying both TalkTalk and OpenDNS DNS addresses on the Humax.

None of the above has made any difference at all. When I went to iPlayer, ITVPlayer, 4OD etc. I just got a black screen for about 10 seconds and then the 'incorrect link' message (they also don't work if I go to channel 901/903). In fact the On-demand options have now disappeared since I tried the factory reset. The Showcase page is blank.

Does anyone have any further ideas? It's very frustrating as it's worked perfectly until now and nothing has changed at all. The on-demand features were the main reason I bought the 1000s and it's a lot less useful without them. If nothing else works my next step is to try Humax support and ask for a new box, as it's still under warrenty, but I'd rather fix whatever the root cause of problem is if possible. Any help would be very much appreciated.

| Fri 29 Nov 2013 11:32:35 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.