My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

'Index search'?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pjbw

My 1997 Akai VCR has a facility whereby I can 'mark' a point on the recording. EG If I am recording and watching a long program and want to go to bed part way through I can press the Rec button on the remote to set an 'index code' on the recording. When I come to play back the recording I can fast 'index search' to this point.
    I am sure my Humax HDR FOX T2 has a similar facility but I can't find it, maybe someone can help?

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 14:40:52 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

If you are part way through watching a recording and decide to press stop, the box remembers where you got to. When you want to continue watching, select the recording in your media list, press OK and you are given the option to resume play, or play from the start.

There is also a bookmark facility where you place a bookmark using the button second row from the bottom, second button from the left. The button to the right of this, will take you to your bookmark.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 17:58:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pjbw

Thank you brian for your para 2,
    For 'index code' read "bookmark" in Humax-speak, I hope.
    'Bookmark' only shows on p8 of my manual and I cannot find it anywhere else. I hope the button will place my bookmark while I am actually recording.
    I will have to try it and see...

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 19:34:38 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

I have just tried, and the bookmark feature doesn't work whilst recording. The way to do what you want, is to wait until shortly after the recording has started, then start to play the recording from your media list, and watch it this way. You will now be able to place bookmarks.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 20:14:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pjbw

The price of progress! I will have to remember to do this at the start of my recordings of Downton Abbey.
    Much easier 16 years ago though the Humax does have a lot going for it. It would be nice to have the option of that big number continuously displayed by the VCR on the TV screen and resettable to zero at the beginning of a recording. Easy then just to remember where the recording had got to when I want to go to bed. The Humax scale along the along the bottom of the TV screen has a mind of its own and keeps disappearing when I am trying to fast forward to a point on the recording. Having computed for 30+ years I realise the complications of trying to do something like this with a hard disk - much easier with tape.

| Wed 25 Sep 2013 17:28:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pjbw - 1 hour ago  » 
    The Humax scale along the along the bottom of the TV screen has a mind of its own and keeps disappearin

Have you tried moving along the time line using the left and right arrows either side of the central OK button?

| Wed 25 Sep 2013 18:37:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pjbw

"Have you tried moving along the time line using the left and right arrows either side of the central OK button?"
    Sorry for the late reply but yes, that works BUT

I won't be scrapping my VCR yet.
    On the Humax if I ask it to record a series of programs then while a subsequent program is being recorded the Humax is completely locked off from the remote. So I cannot even watch the currently being recorded program to set bookmarks or even any program. I have to watch on the TV. Weird, or maybe there is a configuration option somewhere or a work round?

| Thu 3 Oct 2013 18:43:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pjbw - 2 hours ago  » 
    On the Humax if I ask it to record a series of programs then while a subsequent program is being recorded the Humax is completely locked off from the remote.

Something wrong in that case. We routinely have two recordings taking place and can watch something else or chase play the recordings.

| Thu 3 Oct 2013 20:58:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

pjbw

Martin,
    I may have done something wrong. The subsequent program recorded Ok in spite of my efforts to access the Humax with the remote. The lights on the remote flashed Ok so its battery was Ok but it would not even switch the standby light on the Humax. I could switch the standby light by pushing it on the Humax but the Humax was still completely inaccessible. All was Ok when the recording finished. I am reluctant to try 'Record Whole Series' again until this is sorted. I will try unplugging the Humax first in the hope that it will reset itself when I power on again.

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 11:07:11 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pjbw - 1 hour ago  » 
    Martin,
    I may have done something wrong. The subsequent program recorded Ok in spite of my efforts to access the Humax with the remote. The lights on the remote flashed Ok so its battery was Ok but it would not even switch the standby light on the Humax. I could switch the standby light by pushing it on the Humax but the Humax was still completely inaccessible. All was Ok when the recording finished. I am reluctant to try 'Record Whole Series' again until this is sorted. I will try unplugging the Humax first in the hope that it will reset itself when I power on again.

Check the white buttom marked pvr flashes red when you press a button on the remote. If another white button flashes red, press the white pvr button and try again.

| Fri 4 Oct 2013 12:25:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.