My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

information on programs withVer 1.01.25

(11 posts)
  1. barryiow

barryiow

Hi, I am running version 1.01.25 on my FVP-4000T
    When selecting programs to record in the TV guide I cannot see how to get information on the programe, all I get is the title.
    As there is no info button on the remote has any one worked out how to get this?

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 22:28:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

You can press OK to get info, unless the program has already started, then pressing ok selects the channel.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 23:47:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

The lack of a info button is just one of many bad decisions made by Humax on this user interface. To see info on a currently live on air programme you have to press ok on it, then press the right arrow and then ok again. It sucks but that is it.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 7:41:58 #3 |
  4. barryiow

barryiow

Many thanks for your help Phil1 & Elmojo, I will make a note of your tips
    Barry

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 7:47:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

To get information on a recording you are watching is even more complicated.

Press HOME > press DOWN ARROW > highlight RECENT (bottom left) > press OK > select the programme you are watching > press OK.

Take a well earned rest after all that exercise.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 10:36:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Actually you can just press right arrow and the ok to get the Info screen up if not recording. But as JohnH77 has hilighted when recording it is a very badly thought out EPG design.
    This could easily be fixed by using one of the colour keys when in the TV Guide to bring up the Info screen. What were they thinking of by not including an info button on the remote.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 10:46:16 #6 |
  7. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

An info button would've been much better and I really missed it at first after using it extensively on my 9200s, but I have now adapted to its absence.

Live programme info: L or R > OK

Recorded programme info: HOME > Down > OK > L > OK

Of course if the 4000T behaved consistently an alternative to get the info on a recording would be by just pressing 'Stop' and then OK twice to resume.
    But sadly there is a bug which means it doesn't always do this and takes you to live TV without the info screen with the 'Watch' and 'Delete' options being overlayed

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 13:30:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Yes I have learnt to live with it most of the time. I still have a problem with having to change the channel at the same time as trying to get the Info up. The ok button should change channel as it does now. But I should be able to just get the Info without a channel change or a secondary menu coming up.
    My second grip is not being able to manage series folders by moving top level recordings into folders. If a recording fails in a folder and I later record a repeat of it. I can't move it to the folder to fix the failed one. This for me is poor EPG design. They didn't think it through.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 14:41:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Stephenesque
    ... an alternative to get the info on a recording would be by just pressing 'Stop' and then OK twice to resume.
    But sadly there is a bug which means it doesn't always do this and takes you to live TV without the info screen with the 'Watch' and 'Delete' options being overlayed

I have reported this bug to Humax.

If you SEARCH for a recording, and play it, none of the PAUSE, FWD etc buttons work, and STOP takes you back to TV.

If you BROWSE for a recording all is normal and STOP takes you back "inside" the folder of episodes.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 15:43:29 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

This could easily be fixed by using one of the colour keys when in the TV Guide to bring up the Info screen. What were they thinking of by not including an info button on the remote.

A very easy fix could be to add an INFO option to the HOME screen - press HOME > Choose INFO ...

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 15:45:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.