My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

initial installation & google account. on Aura.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Can you set up a Google account during the original Installation.
    Or do you have to set up a Google account /G mail address before hand please.
    Thank you for your time to reply.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 20:43:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

john1 - 9 mins ago  » 
    Can you set up a Google account during the original Installation.
    Or do you have to set up a Google account /G mail address before hand please.
    Thank you for your time to reply.

Not sure but TBH if you have a android mobile device or a windows PC it would make sense to create one first. Then all you have to do in setup is login to a website and enter the code you see on the Aura. It's a very quick and easy process.

You do not need to use a gmail address either any working existing e-mail one can be used.

I have both a both a gmail address and a virgin blueyonder one.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 20:57:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Thanks Graham for your Quick reply. I'm looking To getting one in the near Future.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 21:03:57 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

john1 - 16 mins ago  » 
    Thanks Graham for your Quick reply. I'm looking To getting one in the near Future.

Do you already have a mobile android device and a subscription to a paid for service like netflix, prime, disney+ and a smart TV ?

A much cheaper Amazon 4K firestick, lacks the recording but has newer apps with some significant improvements. And you can watch live TV anyway with the UK main catch up services.

Do you use a windows 10 PC ?

If so you should already have an account. The aura really only adds Freeview recording to on demand services already available on lots of other kit, many of which let you download content on a time limited basis to view off air. .

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 21:21:03 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.