My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Initial setup

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

From all the experience gained on this box, are there any setup actions which should be undertaken which aren't mentioned in the standard instructions? For example, an HDD format before starting the first record or any system defaults which it is better to change.

| Sun 28 Apr 2013 12:58:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Other than you may need to turn up the box volume above the default 50% and set up your favourite channels, I can't think of any. It's a good idea to reserve the IP address of the box on your router.

| Sun 28 Apr 2013 13:19:40 #2 |
  3. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

hi Graham

am I missing something here - is it possible to set the defalt box volume higher or are you just talking about the volume control on the remote? I ask because I have turned the TV volume up really high so I can use the Humax remote to control the volume without needing 2 remotes, but it would be nice if we could "up" the default volume output by the box so it's more in line with my other equipment attached to the TV.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 11:01:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Al Catraz - 15 minutes ago  » 
    hi Graham
    am I missing something here - is it possible to set the defalt box volume higher or are you just talking about the volume control on the remote? I ask because I have turned the TV volume up really high so I can use the Humax remote to control the volume without needing 2 remotes, but it would be nice if we could "up" the default volume output by the box so it's more in line with my other equipment attached to the TV.

The box defaults to 50% volume when you first install and after a factory reset. Most users of Humax boxes turn up the volume output of the box to near 100% and use there TV or Amplifier volume control to alter the volume. No reason why you shouldn't carry on using the box volume control if that suits you.

The earlier remote controls are capable of controlling up to 4 items so with one of these you can use the same remote to control your TV or Amp volume. These will work the HDR-1000s so you could buy one or alternatively one of the cheaper Logitech programmeable remotes.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 11:19:59 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Al Catraz - 14 minutes ago  » 
    hi Graham

Default volume is 50% and the only way to change it is via the buttons on the box or the remote and will remain at that level when taken in and out if standby.
    The best advise I would give is to go and buy an All For One remote then you can have all attached equipment using the one remote.
    Also then you can leave the Humax volume set to max and program the remote to just operate the TV volume which will probably be more ideal when using your other equipment.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 11:22:55 #5 |
  6. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

thanks Guys - an all-in-one it is then.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 14:08:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

felix

grahamlthompson - 4 months ago  » 
    Other than you may need to turn up the box volume above the default 50% and set up your favourite channels, I can't think of any. It's a good idea to reserve the IP address of the box on your router.

How can you increase the volume from the Default 50% upto maximum 100% on the Humax box or Humax remote control ?

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:39:32 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As per my answer in other thread where you have asked question:

Try changing Digital Audio out setting to stereo via:

Settings
    Picture & Sound
    Digital audio out, Highlight Stereo and press OK.

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:52:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

felix

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 
    As per my answer in other thread where you have asked question:
    Try changing Digital Audio out setting to stereo via:
    Settings
    Picture & Sound
    Digital audio out, Highlight Stereo and press OK.

My Audio settings were set to

Audio: Stereo
    Digital output: Multi Channel

Now i have changed them both to Stereo it made no difference volume still way up in the 30's.

many thanks for your attempt to help!

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 18:10:02 #9 |
  10. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

felix - 6 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 months ago  » 

How can you increase the volume from the Default 50% upto maximum 100% on the Humax box or Humax remote control ?

I could be missing something here with your question, but to increase the volume you press the the + button on either the box or the remote.
    Increase to 100% and leave it there and then use the tv to control the volume.

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 20:08:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.