My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Input from intdoor aerial

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alaric

I have a Humax HDR - 2000T and have recently acquired an indoor aerial which is attached to "Aerial IN". From "Aerial OUT" there is a connection to my LG Ultra HD TV set. I am 3.1 miles from the transmitter with clear line of sight. However, while this set gives me a perfect picture on the TV set, when I try to use the HDR I get a screen message "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak". The strange things is that if I select a HD programme I get a perfect picture.

I still have a PVR 9300T in another room with a similar indoor aerial and it provides excellent reception.

Can anyone offer an explanation and hopefully some guidance as to how I can rectify this problem.

Alaric

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 16:47:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Alaric - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I have a Humax HDR - 2000T and have recently acquired an indoor aerial which is attached to "Aerial IN". From "Aerial OUT" there is a connection to my LG Ultra HD TV set. I am 3.1 miles from the transmitter with clear line of sight. However, while this set gives me a perfect picture on the TV set, when I try to use the HDR I get a screen message "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak". The strange things is that if I select a HD programme I get a perfect picture.

Tell us what the signal strength as reported by the Humax is on the HD channels that you can receive? (Menu button>Settings>System>Signal detection. Press right arrow (to the right of OK) and tell us the list of numbers. What transmitter is it that you can see?

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 17:15:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alaric

Thank you for your response Martin. I have now resolved the problem and this is how I did so. My reception, by the way, is from the Rosneath transmitter.

The six HD channels I receive are on Channel 54 and all show signal strength of 86-88% and quality of 100%

I then decided to check the SD channels also. All the BBC programmes on Channel 22 showed Zero. However, the programmes on other Channels, including Nos. 53 and 58 showed signal strength of 79%-82% and quality of 100%. I realised that when I had seen the No Signal message on screen for BBC One I had presumed this related to the spectrum. I was puzzled as to why this should be the case so I decided to do an auto retune and, lo and behold, the BBC SD channels are all back and life has returned to “normal”.

Alaric

| Sat 17 Dec 2016 14:49:44 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.