My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Intermittent 2nd Satellite input .

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

shipitin

I have worked in AV industry for many years but this issue in my own home has perplexed me.
    I have three Humax Freesat receivers, 1100S, 1000s, Foxsat HDR.
    I have 5x8 multiswitch working on all outputs; 3 are used with single cable input receivers, 3 outputs are currently spare & unconnected, and a twin cable feeds the main TV.
    Both of the cables on this latter twin cable shows good strength (75%) & quality (100%) when connected to the old Foxsat HDR. However, if the twin coax is connected to either of the newer machines the second cable is unreliable or non-existent. The 1100S will not show any signal on a second input at all regardless of which way around. Whilst the 1000s is intermittent; the second input shows for a minute or so (both strength and quality in 80%-90% area for both inputs), and then disappears for a random time before returning. Can you shed some light on this please. Thank you.

| Sun 4 Jun 2017 14:56:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Is the twin cabling by any chance WF65 shotgun ? If so it's possible that the thinner core is making intermittent contact. Try putting a small double kink in the core to make it a tighter fit.

How large is the dish feeding the multiswitch ? I ask because 75% on a Foxsat on a UK spot beam transponder seems a bit low, all mine are 100% strength and quality. Appreciate that a multiswitch increases the losses which are normally compensated by using a larger dish.

The Foxsat-HDR is known to have sensitive tuners, the newer boxes may be less sensitive.

Can you try the problem boxes on a friends dish ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 4 Jun 2017 15:24:44 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.