My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Intermittent loss of quality

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lee H

I've just bought and installed a new HDR Fox T2 and watched TV for about 40 mins and the quality suddenly dropped from 100% to 5-10%, the picture would become pixilated and I would then loose the picture completely. When I turn the box off and leave it for a few minutes before turning it back on the picture would return at 100% quality again but this would not last more than a few minutes before it happens again.
    The signal quality ranges from 35-40% so is not great but is above the minimum recommended and this doesn't seem to drop with the quality.

Any idea's?

| Sun 29 Sep 2013 21:48:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

If other freeview digital receivers attached to the same aerial are OK then it's probably that the Humax is not tuned into the best transmitter for you.

Have a look at both links within this link:
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multiple-transmitters-channels-in-800s-then-read-this#post-19335

To quote:

Martin Liddle - 2 months ago  » 
    The easiest fix for this problem would be to download and install version 1.02.32 of the software from http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/hdr-foxt2 which significantly improves automatic tuning in circumstances such as yours. Alternatively do a manual tune following the instructions at http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

The original fault is different to yours but most likely the reason is the same.

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 8:28:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lee H

Thanks Luke however with further investigation the length time the picture lasts seems to be directly related to how long I leave the box off and this doesn't happen with the integral tuner within my TV.
    I'm also on 9 miles away from the Hannington Transmitter which is virtually due north from me and the Humax gives me the option of Berkshire and North Hampshire following automatic tuning which is correct for Hannington.

I haven't had a chance to link the box with the internet yet but Humax wouldn't sell me a box with firmware that doesn't work would they?

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 21:47:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lee H

Sorry, I should have also said that the version I'm on is a7.34.

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 21:54:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lee H

And software version FHTCP 1.03.06

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 21:59:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lee H - 27 minutes ago  » 
    And software version FHTCP 1.03.06

That is the latest version of the software. New HDRs have a different tuner arrangement to most of the HDR boxes in circulation and there is currently not much knowledge of the foibles of the new hardware. I suggest you ring (not email) Humax support and discuss it with them.

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 22:30:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lee H

Thanks Martin,
    I emailed them last night but had now response yet so you're probably right that I will need to call them.
    thanks for your help!

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 22:44:24 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.