My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Intermittent signal reception

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Slateyman

For the past month or so, we have experienced problems with reception at regular intervals. For example, we usually switch on the TV at about 4.00 p.m. and almost every day we get a "no or bad signal" indicator coming up and the picture pixilates, freezes or disappears temporarily, together with sound interference. This lasts for about twenty minutes, and then reoccurs at about 6.00 p.m. when the BBC News is on. Again, it last for about twenty minutes/half an hour. If the weather was bad, I could understand it, but it's been really quiet and settled especially this week (since beginning of May 2024). The dish was recently overhauled, and there are no trees interfering with the signal. Being kind of cyclical, makes me think could there be a problem with the satellite system? Has anyone had a similar problem?

| Sat 11 May 2024 11:01:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

It might help if you could tell us which model of Freesat recorder you have please?

| Sat 11 May 2024 12:54:52 #2 |
  3. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

I think it is an HDR 1100S.

| Sun 12 May 2024 20:59:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi slateyman,

Have you checked that the f plug connectors at rear of box are all tightly secured? Might have come loose when being refitted. John L

| Mon 13 May 2024 11:40:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Slateyman

Thanks for the responses.

It's a FoxSat HDR unit - not sure about the 1100S, but the manual says FOXSATHDR/400GB if that means anything.

I've checked all the connections at the back are tight. As of yesterday, the problem is still there.

The unit is about 14 years old. We had it when we were forced to go digital.

| Tue 21 May 2024 14:42:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Slateyman,

You mentioned you have had Foxsat pvr for 14 years. Might sound a silly question, but often overlooked. When did you last do a full retune? Might be a worth a try if connections/dish are all connected correctly. If still a problem, might be a faulty tuner, but my guess is either the reception/pvr tuner just needs retuning.

Another test, is to look at the signal strength/quality across the channels. Should be 100% for quality & strength can vary from approx. 60/70+ towards 100%. Ideally BBC1 HD should be near 100%. Hope this helps. John L

| Wed 22 May 2024 11:52:36 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.