My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Internet Connection and Recording Problems

(3 posts)
  1. Ynot1104

Ynot1104

Hi everyone, this is my very first forum post so apologies if these issues have already been covered.
    I purchased my 1000s very soon after release and I have been very happy with its performance but from the start I had internet connection problems with the box losing connection if placed on standby and then not being able to acquire a new connection when switched back on! I use a NETGEAR switch for all of my 'media' devices (TV, BLU RAY, XBOX) which also included my previous HUMAX freesat box - all these work fine and acquire a connection from switching on unlike the 1000s. I did call HUMAX support and they thought the problem was because of the NETGEAR switch, but I have changed the 1000s to use HOMEPLUGS and the problem still exists.
    Also - I have noticed that I am losing some recordings; I have only started to notice this over the Christmas period and it as happened with two single recordings a one series recording even though I checked that each program had the relevant symbol on the TV GUIDE. Thank you.

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 13:27:51 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What model is the switch please?. Does it have any power saving features? When it happens is the LED on the ethernet socket lit? Does the switch also have a port led?

Posts on other forums indicate a possible problem with the first recording of a day when the unit has now been powered up.

Setting padding to Start:2 mins and End:Auto seems to solve it.

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 15:41:41 #2 |
  3. Ynot1104

Ynot1104

Hi,

The switch is a NETGEAR prosafe 8 port and there are two leds' on both sides of each port. When the units are plugged in the left side led illuminates and when traffic is passing they flash (normal). When the 1000s was connected to the switch, it would start the left hand light at first boot from standby and then change to the right hand light and the box was display connection disconnected. I would then need to unplug the LAN cable at the rear of the box and connect again for the connection to be established and working normally!!

Thanks for the recording advice - I have changed the settings now. Regards.

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 16:49:44 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.