My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Internet Radio Option not working

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeP1

Using the shared media option in the Humax folder I am able to access my Synology NAS.I can access photos,videos and music.These work without issues.
    In the music folder section there is a folder for Internet Radio(from NAS)The internet radio stations are all listed and viewable but clicking on a station to play it just causes bounce out.
    Anyone any ideas on this. I think the issue is with the 1000s rather than my Synology NAS, as I can access these stations on my NAS from my Sony Blu Ray player.
    I thought the HDR 1000s was DNLA compliant but this dosent appear to be the case. How can I report this bug to Humax?

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 12:09:26 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would think that the problem is the music is not in the correct format. For Audio DLNA requires LPCM (2 channel) to be supported with additional formats optional (MP3, WMA9, AC-3, AAC, ATRAC3plus).

"A DMS or M-DMS device may stream content in its native format if the receiving device supports such native format. Otherwise, that DMS or M-DMS device should transcode the native format to one of the applicable required formats or to a format understood by the rendering device."

| Sun 7 Apr 2013 14:44:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeP1

Hi, I have contacted Synology support over this matter and it is a 1000s/Humax issue, which might be rectified in the future by Humax. Perhaps you could pass this on to the development team for this product as its such a shame that it will not work.
    Reply from Synology support,

I just looked the product spec. of Humax that supports MP3 only. When playing the internet radio using UPnP /DLNA, the music file will be converted to FLV format. Due to the fact that FLV is not a playable format for Humax so that's why it cannot be played properly.

Regards
    Mike P.

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 9:19:59 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

As far as I know Humax have yet to publish any information on their implementation of a DLNA client supports. FLV however is not part of the DLNA specification.

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 12:15:36 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.