My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

invalid postcode

(28 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I do think there is something wrong with your signal. I would suggest taking you box to a friends who has Sky or Freesat and trying it there. This will at least get the freesat tune saved.

You can then see which channels are missing.

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 12:54:18 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

liesainfrance

If our dish or lnb had moved wouldn't the signal strength drop? My husband will try a friends house to see if any joy....

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 13:17:41 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

liesainfrance - 1 minute ago  » 
    If our dish or lnb had moved wouldn't the signal strength drop? My husband will try a friends house to see if any joy....

In your list of non freesat channels is there one called FASHION ONE ?

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 13:19:37 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

liesainfrance

Yes we have fashion one... When we tune transponder 11428 we get 17 channels...

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 13:27:53 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

liesainfrance - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Yes we have fashion one... When we tune transponder 11428 we get 17 channels...

There's nothing wrong with your dish/lnb then. Is the box under warranty ?

In non-freesat can you record BBC1-HD and CH4-HD at the same time ?

If you open the setup menu and press RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE GREEN YELLOW BLUE (in succession and ignore the screen), you should get a menu appears, press OK to open the connections menu. What does the Connection Type entry say ?

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 13:51:53 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

liesainfrance

OK retuned at a friends & we now have freesat !! HOORAY!!! BUT..... Now when we try HD channels they are available for about 15 seconds then a green screen appears and you have to reboot the machine!! We had the Green screen initially but rectified it by disabling HDMI option in menu. We can obviously live without HD but as we bought the HD box it would be nice....

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 16:40:29 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

liesainfrance

Sorry disabled HDCP option.....

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 16:42:06 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

liesainfrance

Just to give some more information on the retunung at a friends. When the box was initially plugged in we checked the signal strength and quality both 100% the postcode did not verify we tried 3 times no luck. We then returned the box to factory settings it then went back through the wizzard and found new software we downloaded this. Then it rebooted this time the box actually detected the satellite signal in the wizzard. We then went through the screens on signal type and it detected that we had a one cable connection (one cable also at our friends the same as our setup). It had never done this before. It then validated the postcode first time. So what fixed the problem could be the new softare now dated 27th July 2012 or the stronger signal and going through the wizzard correctly. We are too scared to to try it again at home now as it is working. The red button also works and we can record using the guide. Thanks to everyone for the help !

| Sat 17 Nov 2012 16:50:34 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.