My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iOS App

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

Another quick question (sorry) - with the iOS app and pairing, does anyone know if you can pair more than one device, i.e. wife's phone? Do you use the same details or set it up again?

I know I could check, but can't right at the minute

Thanks

| Sat 17 May 2014 13:47:22 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

You have 2 choices, you can either just use the same Freesat ID login details on all iOS devices you wish to use the app with or you can pair upto 6 individual Freesat ID's to each box if you'd prefer each person to have their own Fressat ID.

| Sat 17 May 2014 16:29:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

Hi Gonzo, that's awesome, will give it a try. Thanks for replying.

| Sat 17 May 2014 19:38:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

All set up, used additional IDs, thanks for your help.

| Sun 1 Jun 2014 11:10:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

I have just downloaded and tried both the Humax Remote and Humax TV apps for iOS. Neither of these would work with my HDR1000S. The remote app found the Humax and appeared to connect to it but the buttons on my iPad would do nothing. The Humax TV app could not find my Humax. The Humax is connected with a Cat 6 cable to the Airport Express that is the WiFi repeater for my living room and is the network that my iPad uses.

The App seemed very basic anyway. I was hoping for something like the Sky + app, which works brilliantly. I assume that the apps I downloaded are not designed to work with the HDR1000S, are there other iOS apps I can get? Wilson

| Sun 15 Jun 2014 16:45:40 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

wilsonlaidlaw - 41 minutes ago  » 
    I have just downloaded and tried both the Humax Remote and Humax TV apps for iOS. Neither of these would work with my HDR1000S. The remote app found the Humax and appeared to connect to it but the buttons on my iPad would do nothing. The Humax TV app could the Airport Express that is the WiFi repeater for my living room not find my Humax. The Humax is connected with a Cat 6 cable to and is the network that my iPad uses.
    The App seemed very basic anyway. I was hoping for something like the Sky + app, which works brilliantly. I assume that the apps I downloaded are not designed to work with the HDR1000S, are there other iOS apps I can get? Wilson

Not sure which app you tried.
    The correct one is here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/freesat/id748306909

| Sun 15 Jun 2014 17:27:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

Many thanks. Downloading now. I was sure there had to be something better than the Humax App.

| Sun 15 Jun 2014 17:32:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilsonlaidlaw

That is what I was looking for. Not quite as slick as Sky + but given that the organisations have somewhat different budgets, the Freesat App is a good effort.

Wilson

| Sun 15 Jun 2014 17:51:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

wilsonlaidlaw - 4 days ago  » 
    That is what I was looking for. Not quite as slick as Sky + but given that the organisations have somewhat different budgets, the Freesat App is a good effort.
    Wilson

Glad you're sorted - I also previously used the Sky+ app, but have to say I'm quite impressed with the Freesat one!

| Fri 20 Jun 2014 8:28:34 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.