My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

IOS Aura App leaking storage

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

I got a message from my phone saying it was out of space trying to do an iCloud backup. The Aura app was set to back up but was occupying 3.4 GB of data storage.

I seems that if you download a transcoded recording and then that recording is later deleted on the Aura box then the recording is deleted on the Aura app but the transcoded data remains in the app storage.

At this point there is no way to delete the orphaned data except by deleting the whole app.

There are multiple issues here:

1. Deleting a recording on the Aura box should delete downloaded recordings on IOS, that is the job of the Aura app itself
    2. Downloading recording should not be flagged for backup. Sky Go excluded these.

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 12:58:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gizmo247 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I got a message from my phone saying it was out of space trying to do an iCloud backup. The Aura app was set to back up but was occupying 3.4 GB of data storage.
    I seems that if you download a transcoded recording and then that recording is later deleted on the Aura box then the recording is deleted on the Aura app but the transcoded data remains in the app storage.
    At this point there is no way to delete the orphaned data except by deleting the whole app.
    There are multiple issues here:
    1. Deleting a recording on the Aura box should delete downloaded recordings on IOS, that is the job of the Aura app itself
    2. Downloading recording should not be flagged for backup. Sky Go excluded these.

If the IOS app is the same as Android. Once viewed you delete a download by dragging left on the icon which reveals a delete button.

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 14:23:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gizmo247

Unfortunately there are no entries in the Downloads section to work off hence the storage leak

| Fri 26 Mar 2021 22:57:23 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.