My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

IP Control 1100S

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

adh

I currently own a Humax Foxsat HDR. I use an app called Roomie for control of all my devices. The Foxsat has the ability for IP control via the custom firmware.

Is it possible for direct IP control of the 1100s? I understand there is an app for setting recordings and also for control. This would suggest that IP control is possible but has anyone successfully controlled their unit with IP commands?

Thanks for any replies.

| Tue 22 Sep 2015 21:31:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Why not just use the app?

| Tue 22 Sep 2015 23:25:53 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A network monitor can provide the information you need.

I suspect it involves using the units ID code and is much more complicated than that provided by the custom firmware.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 8:22:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

adh

Thanks for replies.

The point is to use one app rather than switch back and forth. Having direct IP control means I can integrate the Humax into the Roomie app and not have to faff about with another app.

I'm not sure I'll be able to discover the IP control protocol myself. However it does look like it's possible.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 8:33:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Sort of a homegrown version of this kind of gadget?
    http://www.wyrestorm.com/catalog/ENA-MINI-010

Sounds interesting. I wonder if certain commands - search/record commands for instance - may turn out to be locked down by Freesat.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 9:23:02 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Another option: https://www.anymote.io/

It should not be difficult to see exactly what the freesat app does, install it, then install the Microsoft Message Analyzer (free)
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44226
    then just watch the traffic between the unit and phone ip's

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 9:40:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

adh

Thanks for the replies. Both those offerings do similar to Roomie but Roomie has been around for a long time, is well established and has integration with many devices already. You can use IR control with Roomie but it requires a Globalcache add on. I've managed to source most of my devices with direct IP control for ease of integration and control.

I'll have a look at the MS Message analyser when I get the new box and see if it's obvious which controls are being sent.

With regards to commands being locked down, I would very much doubt this as all commands work with the Foxsat. Basically any command that will work via IR should work via IP as well. Discovering all the commands might be a challenge though.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 10:13:59 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The Foxsat does not actually have any form IP control of its own. The custom firmware receives the commands and interacts with the IR hardware.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 10:27:59 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

adh

Yes sorry I didn't make that very clear. Yes it's the custom firmware which enables a lot of functionality on the Foxsat. However I'm hoping that as the 1100S has an app it must have IP control between that app and the unit but it's not certain. Although some devices are network equipped it doesn't necessarily translate into direct IP control.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 10:34:00 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I don't see how it could possibly work otherwise.
    When you play with the Message Analyzer make sure you limit the traffic display to the two devices and it should be easy to see exactly what it is up to.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 10:47:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.