My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iPhone Freesat App - remote does not work

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

safhumx

Until recently I was able to use my iphone Freesat app to set recording schedules for my Humax HDR-1100S even when I was on the other side of the world. Very hand for the forgetful or if away from home for longer than covered by the EPG.

Now although the guide is working in the app and it shows programs that I have recorded, the functions to command the Freesat box don't work (grayed out). No remote control, no remote schedule setting.

I have deleted the app, deleted my account, reset the Humax box and set the whole thing up from scratch with a new ID, new app. It works as a programme guide, but that's it. I can't even change channel using it. However the app pairs with the Humax box and displays the correct information about the box. Also I can ping the Humax box from the phone. It all seems to be working properly and everything is on the same home network. I'm an IT professional so I'm confident that there's no reason why the phone and the Humax box should not be working.

Does anyone else have problems? Freesat tech support seem to be trying to push me to get a new 4K box from them, but I am happy with my current Humax and would just like to get it working.

| Fri 13 Nov 2020 14:13:07 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think before you tried to reinstall everything you should have removed the pairing from within the HDR-1000S settings as I think this may well survive the reset.
    You should then hopefully be able to set up pairing again.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 9:30:36 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Admin: Please move to HDR-1000S forum.

Admin Edit: Done

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 14:32:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.