My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

iPlayer acess has been changed

(13 posts)
  1. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I have just tried iplayer on a HDR FOX T2 (Last time I used it was Last Night Of The Proms). Started to watch a episode of Strictly in HD. It worked just fine for me.

I am starting to think I have just been unlucky with the reboots. However the navigation is undeniably laggy. It could be the processor. The memory is a non-issue, a process will either be able to run or it won't: lack of memory will not cause a slow down. If you want to get a feel for just how slow the menu navigation is, when you get to the landing page go across to the 20 most popular programmes section and play, say, number 12. Be careful not to press the down arrow too many times: it will carry on scrolling long after you have stopped pressing the button.

| Tue 7 Oct 2014 13:47:36 #11 |
  2. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Best bet is reporting it to the bbc, they can tweak it for the HDR T2 like they did with V2. Originally V2 used a slide animation when navigating. It was really slow, so they took it off.

They will only be physically testing against a handful of real current/future devices, the rest will be theory based on the spec.

| Tue 7 Oct 2014 14:43:28 #12 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I will report it to the BBC though dealing with the BBC is like being sucked into a Kafka novel. Humax customer support are in denial about the issue. Apparently the performance of iPlayer v4 on the HDR-FOX is comparable to the HDR-2000T. It isn't and others have reported the same (e.g. Luke over on Hummy.TV).

| Tue 7 Oct 2014 15:31:18 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.