My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iPlayer and ITV player will not stream a programme

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PMorris

I have just got a HDR-1000S freesat STB and in general it is very good, but I have a strange problem with on demand. 4OD and Demand 5 work perfectly but iPlayer and ITV player will not stream a programme. I can browse the menus and read programme information but when a program is selected I get an error saying words to the effect that it cant play the video. I have spoken to Humax but they can only offer standard "turn it off and reset router" type of advice. I have reset to factory default on a number of occasions but no joy. PCs, phones etc all connect and play fine. I spoke to ITV but they have no suggestions. I have applied the latest software and tried rolling back to earlier software. I am completely baffled. I am trying to get a loan of an alternative router and trying to find a loan of a different 1000S but at present I am thinking there is a fault with the box. I have asked Humax what they intend to do if this persists but no clear response yet. Anyone any clues?

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 11:02:51 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

1. Post moved to new thread from youview section.

2. Strange one this, have you tried uploading the reset software available from:

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

Last item in list under HDR 1000S

| Sun 13 Jul 2014 12:28:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PMorris

Yes, I’ve done this and tried rolling back to an earlier version. The manual update updates to the latest version anyway without using a USB. I have spoken to ITVPlayer support and they are not aware of any issues. When I try iPlayer I get the information screen and the time bar with various options above it (pause etc) The error is displayed but can fast forward, pause and rewind as if it was playing. Another interesting thing I have found is that on 4OD no adverts play in the breaks and it restarts after the gap where the break should be. I have to fast forward to where I was up to and the programme plays until the next break and I have to do it again. I dont know anyone else with freesat so cant take it round somewhere to test on their infrastructure.

Phil

| Mon 14 Jul 2014 15:04:33 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Do you know anyone else that has a satellite dish? Doesn't have to be someone with Freesat, anyone with sky will do.

The only thing I can think of is maybe router settings causing problems.

| Mon 14 Jul 2014 15:43:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Reformat the hard drive?

| Mon 14 Jul 2014 16:21:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

PMorris

Thanks for all your suggestions. Humax were still insisting there was nothing wrong with the box but I have solved it. It seems the HDD was faulty. Once I swapped it out everything works like a dream. BBC and ITV must buffer to the frive and the others not. Loving this box now, even got media sharing working to a point from a networked PC. Cant play all file formats (no avi which are the bulk of my films) but mkv and mp4 are OK. Some need to be played through the additional converters and I'm very impressed. AVI plays when copied to a USB stick.

| Mon 14 Jul 2014 19:52:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pascal

I have the same problem with the BBC iplayer. It worked before but since last week I always get an error message saying iplayer cannot play this at the moment, I should try later. Every other on demand service works for me.

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 17:42:55 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Random test - iplayer HD Dr Who episode 3 streaming fine for me.

| Tue 9 Sep 2014 20:50:55 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.