My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

iPlayer audio / video sync?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I've noticed a few times that audio / video are out of sync on iPlayer in particular (Disney+ doesn't seem to have the issue) and also on Chromecasted NowTV.

This is independent as to whether I'm using the TV to playback the audio or whether I'm putting it through my JVC soundbar.

Should I be configuring a specific delay just for iPlayer (is that actually possible)? And is it just me seeing this?

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 18:00:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Just me then?

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 6:37:53 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iplayer is fine for me both on normal and 4K content. But all my Audio is handled by my Denon AVR. This has it's own delay setting. For the Aura input it's set to 16ms.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 10:33:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Is that 16ms setting specific for iPlayer? Or generically for the whole box?

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 10:42:39 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 10 mins ago  » 
    Is that 16ms setting specific for iPlayer? Or generically for the whole box?

It's specific to the hdmi input used by the box so it will apply to all audio output from the aura irrespective of source. If I was to set a delay on the Aura as well it would be cumulative.

My Aura has zero delay set. The latest software lets you see the effect of the delay as you change the settings. So if you set the delay to around 16ms while watching iplayer you should have similar settings. Iplayer and live TV has a built in audio delay at the transmitter end typically around 800ms

This is from a 5.1 HD recording of Father Brown from Freesat.

Delay relative to video : -803 ms

Mediainfo will give you the delay used on your downloaded fies.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 11:03:12 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.