My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Iplayer Issue

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

I've noticed a problem when play content through the guide on freetime, when i navigate to a program that I want to watch the iPlayer briefly starts, the screen goes black then this stops and I'm returned to live television. This has happened 1 in 3 times I have tried to watch via freetime and the only way to get this working is to pull the power on the box, then it works fine. Obviously continually pulling the power to watch freetime is frustrating, does anyone know if there is a workaround or if this is a known issue being addressed?

Dave

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 11:23:04 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Whilst there have been reports of iplayer problems, I do not remember your specific issue being reported. I do not have any issues with iplayer streaming.

Instead of 'pulling the power' try this FAQ paying particular attention to the text in bold.

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 14:56:44 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

In some circumstances you may find that the mute and the standby buttons continue to function.

How is the unit connected to the network and what model or router do you have?

| Wed 9 Jan 2013 15:23:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nesbitt

Hi Sherbet66, I've had this happen to me frequently, however I have not needed to power cycle the box, I found that if I just go back into iplayer from Live tv, it usually works on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 13:10:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

Nesbitt - 3 days ago  » 
    Hi Sherbet66, I've had this happen to me frequently, however I have not needed to power cycle the box, I found that if I just go back into iplayer from Live tv, it usually works on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Persisting with this worked, although this is happening 60% of the time I try and access the guide. I'm hard wired to my router with a 11 mbps connection.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 7:44:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I've had this happen on my Panasonic TV i-Player (i.e. Humax box not involved). Buffering starts then screen goes black and immediately afterwards a message "Problem accessing files". I think in the Humax the box simply goes into a black hole when this problem arises.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 11:55:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

nroseuk

This is definitely a problem - iPlayer will crash 2 times out of three whenever I go into a menu - this certainly needs a software fix.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 17:09:45 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.